Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No it is replacing the SIG P229R DAK .40.
    Thanks, that helped me understand it better. SIG had that contract, SIG replaced one gun with another, likely better gun in a more sensible caliber, after it passed the testing. Good, win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Hudson baby.
    I haven't kept up with this story but I don't think it's a viable candidate for me...just on price alone. I'll be glad to try yours out though.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I didn't know the Sigs were DAKs. Yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I have talked to several ICE guys recently, they universally hate the DAK system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    The P320 is not a DAK.

My friend just got a 320C as his first handgun. I shot it a couple mags, it's certainly very nice, however I won't be trading in my Gen 4 G19 for the following reasons (more or less in order): Gadget, bore axis/recoil impulse, training experience and investment in Glock system. While the Sig probably has an objectively better trigger, I shot my Glock significantly better. I am just not convinced there is a performance gain to be had chasing the latest and greatest. If I was going to do that, I think other guns like the VP9 or PPQ or the new CZ are as good or better than the Sig. The M&P 2.0 is also a huge contender for $100-150 less than the Sig. I think the Sig is getting a lot of attention because its in the news but I would encourage people to sleep on it and really understand why they are interested in trading for a new gun. What is wrong with your current system? etc.

However, for someone starting out fresh with no experience, I think the Sig is a great choice, worth looking into. All these contracts reinforce the choice because you know the gun will be supported for a long time.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by RevM View Post
    The P320 is not a DAK.
    Roger. I was referring to the previous classic series .40's.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Roger. I was referring to the previous classic series .40's.
    And that was what I was referring to as well.

Vending Machine Operator
    I've seen some truly dirt cheap DAK guns all over the market lately (like, classic P-series guns in good conditions for $300-450). No matter how tempted I have been, I've read enough comments here on P-F to think there must be a reason the market is pricing those guns so low.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevM View Post
    The P320 is not a DAK.
    I think you are misunderstanding him. He is referring to the current ICE duty guns.

The gun the P320 is replacing was the 229DAK .40- current authorized personal SIG 226/229/239 .40's also DAK.

DA/SA was previously allowed via an oversight but they closed that loophole a while back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've seen some truly dirt cheap DAK guns all over the market lately (like, classic P-series guns in good conditions for $300-450). No matter how tempted I have been, I've read enough comments here on P-F to think there must be a reason the market is pricing those guns so low.
    They work as people management tools and you can be quite accurate with them.

Downside to the DAK is it's slower than TDA or SFA for most people.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I have talked to several ICE guys recently, they universally hate the DAK system.

Hence the popularity of the optional Glocks.

User Tag List