View Poll Results: Which current production Glocks are better, U.S. or Austrian?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • U.S. Glock

3 4.62%
  • Austrian Glock

15 23.08%
  • No Preference

47 72.31%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. or Austrian Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    We had a big thing locally because of that statement...it was fantastic...

it was one of those times they could have filmed a Southwest commercial...."Wanna get away?"
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I prefer Austrian but only because I have a soft spot for the kangaroos.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I prefer Austrian but only because I have a soft spot for the kangaroos.
    /Thread

Because I prefer, and go out of my way, to buy American made products, I voted for US made.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Because I prefer, and go out of my way, to buy American made products, I voted for US made.
    Are the U.S. made versions fully manufactured in the USA or assembled in the USA?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Are the U.S. made versions fully manufactured in the USA or assembled in the USA?
    From what I've been told by Glock (take that with a grain of salt), they are 100% made in the USA. From a logistical standpoint this makes sense, the US is probably the number one country for sales. Hell, Austrian Glocks are even shipping with Glock USA magazines.

In the mid-2000s Glock USA began making frames and assembling the final pistol using Austrian parts.

By 2010/2011, Glock USA was making complete pistols. Initially these pistols seem to have been intended for export as the only "in the wild" sightings were in the Philippines mostly.

By 2012 the USA Glocks were shipping on the Blue Label program, followed shortly after with regular commercial sales.

For the sake of trivia, the Georgia P proof mark was not used initially and thus early USA Glocks do not bear this mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    From what I've been told by Glock (take that with a grain of salt), they are 100% made in the USA. From a logistical standpoint this makes sense, the US is probably the number one country for sales. Hell, Austrian Glocks are even shipping with Glock USA magazines.

In the mid-2000s Glock USA began making frames and assembling the final pistol using Austrian parts.

By 2010/2011, Glock USA was making complete pistols. Initially these pistols seem to have been intended for export as the only "in the wild" sightings were in the Philippines mostly.

By 2012 the USA Glocks were shipping on the Blue Label program, followed shortly after with regular commercial sales.

For the sake of trivia, the Georgia P proof mark was not used initially and thus early USA Glocks do not bear this mark.
    Thanks for that. I didn't check the other blue label Glocks at my FFL when I purchased my 17, (he only had the one on hand in the safe), but that's interesting info.

Don't know if it's accurate info or not but the FFL said the only difference between the Austrian and USA guns was the finish on the slide, as the tenifer process was not permitted in the U.S. by the EPA and so the domestic guns use a melonite finish.

Site Supporter
    I want to buy American but would buy Austrian if I thought it was better. Bottom line , I want the one that works 100 percent of the time; so can Glock please get back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I want to buy American but would buy Austrian if I thought it was better. Bottom line , I want the one that works 100 percent of the time; so can Glock please get back to that.
    I think that's an entirely reasonable approach. Hope they're listening.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I've had pretty good luck with my Gen 4 pistols made in the last few years - only one that gave me any real consistent BTF.

User Tag List