View Poll Results: Which current production Glocks are better, U.S. or Austrian?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • U.S. Glock

3 4.62%
  • Austrian Glock

15 23.08%
  • No Preference

47 72.31%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. or Austrian Glock?

I don't know if there's a whit of difference between them but mine are all Austrian...and if I'm honest, I prefer having them from the country where they originated.

That said, I have no basis upon which to cast a vote in terms of their quality so I haven't.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I feel like having a preference for Glock origin is like picking the cleanest stripper...
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I prefer Austrian but only because I have a soft spot for the kangaroos.
    I always did like Crocodile Dundee myself

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would say that I have no preference but I also have no knowledge of whether there's an actual difference. I wouldn't pay extra for an Austrian glock no matter how good they are at rugby but I admit that if someone was offering one or the other, my choice, I'd take the Gday Mate version just because you know the Germans make good stuff.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I would say that I have no preference but I also have no knowledge of whether there's an actual difference. I wouldn't pay extra for an Austrian glock no matter how good they are at rugby but I admit that if someone was offering one or the other, my choice, I'd take the Gday Mate version just because you know the Germans make good stuff.

Many men in peculiar leather shorts are cursing you and your lineage now.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yeah, my rather intensely German wife would probably have something to say about it as well, were she not in the middle of some kind of tuberculosis-I-think-related-investigation in a place where the beautiful lake she's near has a solid eighteen inches of ice on it.

I wrote a whole long post making jokes about this but it occurs to me that this is not GD so...discipline. Pretty good for a 7 drink tuesday.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I have a USA made Gen 4 17 that I picked up for a very good price. It shoots the same as my Austrian made examples.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    In America, we use American designed and built things.
    FIFY. When do you get your Colt 70 Series?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    And speak American.....never forget the day I heard an EMT yell that at a patient.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We had a big thing locally because of that statement...it was fantastic...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    FIFY. When do you get your Colt 70 Series?
    Made in america same difference.

Einstein was a German Jew that contributed to the US war effort. Made in America...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List