Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92A1 replacement grips?

The one I've found most comfortable are the Hogue grips. They change significantly (for the better) the whole handling of the gun, much more than any other "simple" grip...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been using the VZ Golfball pattern grips. They fit perfectly (never had an issue with any VZ grips on any gun) but after the last pistol class I'll stick with a less aggressive texture (VZ tactical slants or Hogue chainlink) going forward lest I want to turn my soft, dainty hands into hamburger again.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I really like my Burner grips. They are on the big side, but you won't find a better competition grip.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

The Burner style grips are my next experiment with LOK. I'm going to ask Jayson to make me a pair with the same thickness, but smooth so I can put skate tape on them or glue and grit them. I've been wanting to see which would work well.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    ... I have apparently extremely large hands on a scale no human has ever seen before.
    This is why I like the Hogues. The wraparound on the front fills in the concavity that makes my fingers feel scrunched together, and gives it a little bigger radius. Grind off the finger lumps, and then you have no finger grooves.

In search of slightly less rubberiness, I've also tried some old Pachmayrs with the front wraparound, but I'm probably going to decide they are too big.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This is why I like the Hogues. The wraparound on the front fills in the concavity that makes my fingers feel scrunched together, and gives it a little bigger radius. Grind off the finger lumps, and then you have no finger grooves.

In search of slightly less rubberiness, I've also tried some old Pachmayrs with the front wraparound, but I'm probably going to decide they are too big.
    I tried those and they were tiny for me.

Site Supporter
    All of the grips mentioned above are excellent. If traction is driving the train, I would note that OEM grips have been textured with success as well.
    David Barnes
    vcdgrips

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    All of the grips mentioned above are excellent. If traction is driving the train, I would note that OEM grips have been textured with success as well.
    David Barnes
    vcdgrips
    You ever make Beretta grips, David?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    You ever make Beretta grips, David?
    David stippled a set of stock plastic grips for me and I believe I've seen his work in a few other people's beretta pics on p-f.

It's a great texture if someone likes the stock grip size/width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have stippled OEM grips with good results.

User Tag List