Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92A1 replacement grips?

Beretta 92A1 replacement grips?

Enjoying my new 92A1. About 450 rounds now. Replaced the trigger spring with D spring and drifted rear sight slightly to left (0.02"). Shooting great with no malfunctions. Considering getting Beretta's black aluminum grips checkered all the way up with round insignia shield mid-height. They are $89 from Beretta and made by Alumagrips. Anyone tried them and if so, how are they? Seems kind of pricey but look good. Thanks

Site Supporter
    I have alumagrips on both 92's I shoot competitively. Some people have complained that they're too sharp, but I like them. One of mine has the Beretta insignia and one is plain. I love both. I try to snap up another pair anytime I see one for sale used, which is almost never.

I'm very partial to http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

I have three sets of custom made ones from Jayson that takes the golfball pattern all the way to the top.

Did you have him scallop around the mag release ?

On the red and blue I did. My original pair of grey/blacks did not and I did that myself with a dremel. It's super easy to do if you want to customize it. Jayson has my CNC program on file so if anyone wants something similar, just ask him for a pair of Edwin's grips. Keep in mind that I asked him to make mine the maximum thickness of the USPSA/IDPA box (1 5/8” (41.3 mm) with tolerance +1/16”) since I have apparently extremely large hands on a scale no human has ever seen before. If you want thinner grips, you would have to ask him for standard/thinner thickness on my CNC program or modify one of his regular ones.

Awesome! I may have to hit him up , I have small hands so thin works well for me .
    Im using the Wilson ultra thin grips and its working well , im just on the fence of the "feel" of the gap between the grip screws.

Yeah I have a pair of Wilson's VZ grips that came with my Brig Tac and I did not like it so I went and found Jayson to make me something that I thought would work really well. If you want an idea of how these feel, imagine the aggressive texture of the Phoenix Trinity metal 2011 grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Enjoying my new 92A1. About 450 rounds now. Replaced the trigger spring with D spring and drifted rear sight slightly to left (0.02"). Shooting great with no malfunctions. Considering getting Beretta's black aluminum grips checkered all the way up with round insignia shield mid-height. They are $89 from Beretta and made by Alumagrips. Anyone tried them and if so, how are they? Seems kind of pricey but look good. Thanks
    I haven't tried those grips, but for that money I'd either buy the Wilson thin grips or go with Edwin's suggestion.

Some people have bought Beretta Vertec grips and modded then slightly to fit the normal frame as well. Those go for like 20 bucks.

For the gold beretta project:

All kidding aside, i think the Wilson grips are VERY nice. Thinner a bit than the stock Beretta grips and with a good texture.

I have not tried the Beretta or AlumaGrips grips.
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-21-2017 at 03:52 PM.

User Tag List