Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92A1 replacement grips?

David did the vertec grips on my BT. He does good work and is a pleasure to deal with.

Looks awesome. How is "stippling" performed? Using a heated rod and melting circular dimples?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

David did the vertec grips on my BT. He does good work and is a pleasure to deal with.
    That is frikkin amazing!
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

These are actually the grippiest that I have. Hand stipple job from a set of OEM grips. The only reason I don't use them on my Elite II is that they are not Production div. legal.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

[QUOTE=Clobbersaurus;569477]These are actually the grippiest that I have. Hand stipple job from a set of OEM grips. The only reason I don't use them on my Elite II is that they are not Production div. legal.

How are they not legal for production? I don't think that is changing the factory profile enough. Look at the variety of CZ grips that are allowed, flat piece of aluminum, rubber factory, G10, textured aluminum.

[QUOTE=bofe954;569505]
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    These are actually the grippiest that I have. Hand stipple job from a set of OEM grips. The only reason I don't use them on my Elite II is that they are not Production div. legal.

How are they not legal for production? I don't think that is changing the factory profile enough. Look at the variety of CZ grips that are allowed, flat piece of aluminum, rubber factory, G10, textured aluminum.
    I shoot IPSC, so it has to be a manufactured grip. It's one of many stupid rules in Production that make it a little more difficult to shoot Beretta's.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I haven't gotten a chance to live fire with them yet but in daily dry practice they've been great. The vertec grips thin the grip out and make the sides a bit flatter, which is my preference. The texture is icing on the cake. The grips were half off at busa and vcd did the texture for a very reasonable price. So far I'm very happy with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    That is frikkin amazing!
    Last edited by backtrail540; 02-26-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Oops, don't know jack about IPSC. USPSA production is about as strict as I can handle.
    Last edited by bofe954; 02-26-2017 at 01:27 PM.

I like the Hogue grip panels the best - but there ius a guy names WAL on the Beretta Forum who will drill them and put in a medallion on both sides. I use his grips on all my 92s (except the M9A3 - which I use the factory conversion grip on)

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I like the Hogue grip panels the best - but there ius a guy names WAL on the Beretta Forum who will drill them and put in a medallion on both sides. I use his grips on all my 92s (except the M9A3 - which I use the factory conversion grip on)

You and your Hogue grips... LOL

User Tag List