Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning BDA/Sig-Sauer P220 Magazine

Question Browning BDA/Sig-Sauer P220 Magazine

I obviously have a Browning BDA/Sig-Sauer P220. I currently have two magazines for it and would like to get a couple more. The internet is full of filthy rumors and conflicting information (I am Jack's complete lack of surprise) regarding what magazines will work and what doesn't. The OEM mags seem to be viewed as Christ's Cup and worth as much. My question is do any of you know of what mags will work and a possible source for them? Thanks!

I completely forgot those Browning/P220's were a thing and they look a lot like those Japanese produced P220's.

Here's a link for the magazines that may possibly be the ones that work for your gun.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-saue...58-p-1028.html

If I were you, I would give Sig a call to confirm if they know or not. Chances are they do.

Thanks, Olim. From my sifting it seems that the mags with the bumpers do not work.

Is it a European (heel) mag catch or an American (a la 1911) mag catch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a European mag catch.

I can see why SunTzu would say the internet is full of conflicting info. I'm getting a bunch of different sources with people saying it isn't an issue and then contradicting posts on other places.

This may very well be the magazine you're after but it's out of stock, unfortunately.

https://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toy...7/product.html

The model number is "34221702" so try to give Sig a call on this. I'm certain the exact magazine you're looking for is discontinued which is the reason why they go for such prices online.

Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
    It is a European mag catch.
    I think you're kinda hosed... Unless Sig has magic stock (numerich was even out of the euro release mags)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it looks like I'm going to be stuck searching gun shows and online auction houses for extras. I will say that wrmettler came through in a very generous way and helped me out with this issue. He's good people. Thanks again, sir!

Let me search my basement boxes. I had one back in the 80s and just maybe...

Site Supporter
    Friend of mine bought one of those a few years ago. Beautiful gun, came with one magazine. He had to scour to get a second, ordered it from a guy in Canada, and paid through the nose for it.

User Tag List