Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suede lining in aiwb/iwb holsters.

Suede lining in aiwb/iwb holsters.

Searched and couldn't find any topic on this.

What is the consensus on suede on the inside/body contact side of an aiwb or iwb holster that is suede lined?

Think above the wedge, wide piece of suede.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Searched and couldn't find any topic on this.

What is the consensus on suede on the inside/body contact side of an aiwb or iwb holster that is suede lined?

Think above the wedge, wide piece of suede.
    I don't see any reason not to if it helps comfort for you. I've done the female side velcro lining to give a little softness and break uncomfortable edges, and it is more or less the same idea.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    I'm using adhesive moleskin from cvs on the back (body side) of my crudely home rolled aiwb holster. I like it because it's easy to peel off and cheap to replace when it gets stinky. I wrap it around all of the edges and it makes a big difference comfort wise.

I also attached my foam wedge by wrapping it with gorilla tape, then the moleskin goes over the tape and covers the foam wedge and most of the back of the holster. It was the only method I was comfortable with to hold on the wedge while doing manual labor 10hrs a day in Alabama humidity. It's worked well for the last year.

I averaged walking between 40-50 miles a week during growing season last year and usually replaced the moleskin weekly. In cold weather it'll last a month or more.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 01-24-2017 at 07:08 PM.

I also had this idea, would love to see a kydex holster with a nice suede lining on the inside as well. I found this place that sells sticky backed suede..

http://www.soles2dance.com/Suede-she...ing-s/1845.htm

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    I also had this idea, would love to see a kydex holster with a nice suede lining on the inside as well. I found this place that sells sticky backed suede..

http://www.soles2dance.com/Suede-she...ing-s/1845.htm
    I saw that.

Is that the preferred or seems like it will be preferred over others?

Trying to gauge a project.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Some of the G-code holsters (Incog) come wrapped in a suede like material.

I've no knowledge about the quality of the holster maker, but this looks like it's in the vein of what you're referencing:
    Name:  arcane11.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  58.9 KB

They claim that one benefit is heat dissipation after re-holstering.
    Last edited by CR78; 01-24-2017 at 08:25 PM.

The g-code "tactical fuzz" is garbage at best. Wears off too quick with heavy use.

I am looking for something thick that I can apply to a layer above the wedge.
    VDMSR.com

The g-code "tactical fuzz" is garbage at best. Wears off too quick with heavy use.

Then I think the previously mentioned moleskin is the best option.

Voodoo I am in the textile industry. PM me your address. I have a product that I can send you a piece of. It's a product called Sensuede and exceeds 100,000 double rubs on the Wyzenbeek test. Its used heavily in the contract/commercial furniture market.

User Tag List