Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning BDA/Sig-Sauer P220 Magazine

Thanks, Pi.

That was my fear, as well, Duelist. I'd been searching high and low and after all of the disinfo I was hesitant to buy an expensive replacement and it be the wrong style.

Just to be a one-upper, my Browning BDA is in .38 Super. It came with two mags, and I am sure I will not see a third one in my lifetime. It is a great gun the classic (and rare) caliber just makes it that much better.

Haven't found any yet, I'm still looking. Found a set of wooden Hogue grips for it though, so I'm in the right part of the basement. My BDA worked great, this was acquired in an era where a .45 that worked with JHPs was not a sure thing. I can't imagine that the American style mags would work though. SigForum might be the best place to ask around.

try e-Bay they show there every once in a while, it doesn't have to be for the Browning, the Sig 220 European mag release it's the same mag, ( steel base and seven round mag only) good luck

If you find these magazines, in quantity, buy spares. These magazines will come apart along the rear seam, over time. I am not sure whether this is caused by the stress of shooting, or by the pressure of being kept loaded, but these mags should be seen as consumable items, needing regular replacement. (True of all magazines, but especially these old SIG mags.) If I ever convince myself to buy another old-school P220/BDA, with plans to acyually carry it, I think I will factor-in the cost to have a talented 'smith grind/cut/weld newer P220 magazines, to fit.

I only carried my P220 "E" for two years, 1991-1993, duty and personal time, so the mags were OK, but my colleagues who carried them over extended periods all seemed to experience separation at the rear seam of the mags. (I sold my P220 "E" to finance an "American " version, only to find that the whole grip frame had been redesigned, in a way that did not fit me well; I did not own another SIG until 2004, when I bought the P229R DAK that I carried until 2015.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-03-2017 at 04:48 PM.

User Tag List