Thread: Warren Tactical Front Sight Failure

Warren Tactical Front Sight Failure

My M&P9 sports a Plain Black Warren Tactical front sight, 1.15 W x .190 H. This past weekend during a stage in my local IDPA Club match the front sight disappeared. After seeing that the gun no longer had a front sight I brought the gun back from extension expecting to see the front sight had come loose from the dovetail in the slide. To my astonishment the sight base was still in the dovetail and the blade had sheared from the base. Looking at was left of the sight it appears that this Warren front sight was made in 2 pieces; the base and the blade and was welded or silver soldered together. The joint had failed. At no time during the match or over the past few weeks had the front of the gun come in contact with anything other than the front of my holsters.

My question is can anyone point me in the direction of a sight manufacturer that we know makes a one piece front sight, milling it from solid bar stock?

At this point I have reinstalled the original S&W front sight.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    My M&P9 sports a Plain Black Warren Tactical front sight, 1.15 W x .190 H. This past weekend during a stage in my local IDPA Club match the front sight disappeared. After seeing that the gun no longer had a front sight I brought the gun back from extension expecting to see the front sight had come loose from the dovetail in the slide. To my astonishment the sight base was still in the dovetail and the blade had sheared from the base. Looking at was left of the sight it appears that this Warren front sight was made in 2 pieces; the base and the blade and was welded or silver soldered together. The joint had failed. At no time during the match or over the past few weeks had the front of the gun come in contact with anything other than the front of my holsters.

My question is can anyone point me in the direction of a sight manufacturer that we know makes a one piece front sight, milling it from solid bar stock?

At this point I have reinstalled the original S&W front sight.
    Why dont you just contact Warren first?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Why dont you just contact Warren first?
    I will, but unless he tells me that they have changed the process and are manufacturing as a one peice unit, I don't want to another piece that could fail back on the gun.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I started using Dawson fronts with my Warren rear sights, but not for that reason, good to know.

User Tag List