Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WA State Trooper Under Investigation For Notifying ICE Of Deported Felon

Site Supporter

WA State Trooper Under Investigation For Notifying ICE Of Deported Felon

WA state trooper is under investigation by his agency for notifying ICE after he encountered a previously deported felon who was involved in a traffic accident. The Trooper did not arrest or detain the suspect, he merely notified ICE after an NCIC hit.

Under title 8 U.S. Code section 1326 a previously deported alien who is unlawfully present in the United States is committing a felony punishable by between 2 and 20 years in federal prison.

The Trooper is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

In this case, the Trooper reported his encounter with the deported felon as required by law, subjecting him to a political witch hunt.

If the Trooper had failed to report this suspect to federal authorities he would be guilt of Misprison of a felony, a crime under Title 18, U.S. Code section 4 : "Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/washing...eported-felon/
    Last edited by HCM; 02-20-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Good grief. Hope he doesn't get boned by an agency policy that would have had him violating a federal law.

if he does get run up the flag pole by his agency, I hope every last member quits on the spot. Federal law trumps state/local law. Period. Full stop. Don't like it, change the system (you can choose your methods, just be cognizant of the consequences.)
    Last edited by hufnagel; 02-20-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

That's pretty ate up. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

And on the news this am report of a convicted illegal alien felon released by local authorities who (allegedly) subsequently committed murder.

I'd like to see his department defend itself against the lawsuit he'd justifiably bring against it in federal court for any punitive and financial harm he suffers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I know nothing about this sort of thing, is it that he is caught between a liberal chain of command and a new focus at the Federal level?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I know nothing about this sort of thing, is it that he is caught between a liberal chain of command and a new focus at the Federal level?
    Being arrested and left leaning everything else.

He did his job, inside the parameters of his job, he should be fine.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This, plus the fact that the WSP has a horrible reputation when it comes to taking care of their people.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    If they bone him, he should file a 1983 action on them for denying him his civil rights under color of office. In fact, having an attorney write them immediately and tell them that should have a positive result rather quickly.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List