Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the purpose of pistol-forum.com

Site Supporter

the purpose of pistol-forum.com

I know nobody reads the rules (unless they are attempting to "force" the mods into using them against another member they've willingly entered into a "fight" with), but we've got a Mission Statement:

Quote Originally Posted by pistol-forum.com Mission Statement
    The mission of pistol-forum.com is to serve as a professional resource for the exchange of information and ideas on the use of the pistol (and other firearms) in self defense, in an armed profession, and in competition. Through the respectful exchange of concepts and information we hope to be a resource that everyone from the accomplished professional to the relative novice can use to refine their ideas and practices to produce the best possible results for their situation.
    What that means is that we're about shooting, guns, and associated skills development first and foremost. I, as well as large percentage of you, want PF to be more than just a forum about shooting and I certainly appreciate everyone's efforts to make PF a "community" and a place where we can all hangout and discuss almost anything (some things are better left to other, darker, corners of the internet) and learn from each other on a wide variety of topics. However, it's worth noting that stuff outside the scope of the PF mission is tolerated. The upshot is that if you are just here to post in General Discussion (née Romper Room) without really contributing to other areas of the forum, and you're sort of dick about it, you might find myself or another mod suggesting that PF might not be a good fit for you (which is my polite way of telling you to stop being a dick) -- or we may simply remove your ability to post in GD/RR.

I'm not writing this with anyone in mind, and I'm certainly not trying to run anyone off. I'm sure some will read this and think, "He's says we have to agree with him about politics and other stupid stuff or we're not welcome!!!1". I'm not saying that, but if you think I am, that's probably a good sign you'd be happier elsewhere and I'm OK with that. If someone reads this and decides that they'd rather stop reading/posting at PF, I'm OK with that too.

I like what we've built here and I want us to stay true to our roots as we grow and continue to develop into a community. I think we can do that while holding/discussing wildly different viewpoints about pretty much anything. I just hope that we can be cool to each other in the process and, if not, at least not be too much a dick whilst disagreeing.

Now is where you all get to tell me that the mods here are shit -- I think that's something we can all agree on.

The mods here are shit. But it's okay, I get the message, I'll stop posting cat videos.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    The mods here are shit. But it's okay, I get the message, I'll stop posting cat videos.
    Don't do that! I love cat videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Don't do that! I love cat videos!

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-19-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Talk to Howdy Dong!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

In the spirit of Trump...

I will totally accept the opinions of others...

Only if I am right.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Tom and LL
    You are great mods. This is the most professional forum, today. You are doing TLG PROUD. THANK YOU. You run a tight ship. Keep it that way.
    We come here for professional thought and input.
    Thank you for keeping it that way. Keep on keeping the Trolls away.

Ogres are cool. Trolls should stay under bridges.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 02-19-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Miss Manners
    The mods here are (the) shit. I haven't seen mods that are more (the) shit, and I've been around long enough to know!

Believe me, I know shitty mods!

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post

Watched the first minute - there goes 2 hours of my day tomorrow.

Oh yeah guns and stuff..
    SWYNTS

Site Supporter

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    In the spirit of Trump...

I will totally accept the opinions of others...

Only if I am right.

Sounds like it's time to "drain the swamp".

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Sounds like it's time to "drain the swamp".

Or a Pfestivus countdown clock.
    No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. --Robert Baden-Powell USPSA#A92555

User Tag List