Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    Not sure what you mean vs 'outright lying'. I don't want him lying either, but I think a lot of the 'lies' are just sloppy speaking style and exaggeration on inconsequential matters. The media will go after him regardless, and they have less credibility than he does. They certainly did their best to burry lies and scandals from the last administration and their preferred candidate. They need to get their own house in order to be more effective. For the record: No, I am not in favor of politicians, or anyone else, lying.

Destabilizing a region? Like the M.E. or the South China sea? Um, it think that has already happened.

As far as people get wound up by what he says: I am beyond caring what the foreign chattering classes think. I don't even like the American chattering class. But listening to euro sophisticates? They haven't stopped talking shit about America, Americans, and blaming us for everything since about 1776.
    Just because the Middle East or southeast Asia is unstable, there is no reason for the President to make it more unstable with no upside for either the USA or our allies. The world is hard enough without some unconsidered words making it worse for the USA.

GKC quotes FTW. There are two methods by which intelligent men may approach the problem of that temperance which is the object of morality in all matters—in wine, in war, in sex, in patriotism; that temperance which desires, if possible, to have wine without drunkenness, war without massacre, love without profligacy, and patriotism without Sir Alfred Harmsworth.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Sure. What happened in Sweden last night = I saw on the news last night. Spin spin spin. Even if you believe that, I'll go back to do we want a POTUS, with access to the entire U.S. Intelligence service, getting his info from Fox?
    Hate to break it to you, but my first-hand experience with people in the intel community, leads me to believe that you might be surprised where some of their intel comes from.

(Hint – if you have cable, you might have access to the same intel).

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    JC, I don't think anyone is arguing that Sweden has undergone a transformation for the worse. I think it's the preponderance of inaccurate articulations that is at the heart of the concern. The administration has my support but that doesn't mean that I am not troubled by some of the messages sent and their mode of delivery.

That said, I've adopted a "wait and see" attitude for the most part.
    What inaccurate articulations? Are we complaining about Trump's communications skills? From my perspective, he speaks to me just fine.

It's all well and good for people to dislike Trump and vocalize it, vote against him, protest, do whatever you want… I don't care. In no way do I feel that Trump should put on pedestal or should be absolved from criticism, opposition, or even down right hate.

But here's the deal: the root of the arguments against Trump are pure leftist trash. And sadly that includes the majority of arguments I'm seeing surface here. Who are Trump's enemies? The worse, most base, leftist gutter elements, and the absolutely horrific Republican powers-that-be that IMO are solely responsible for the horrible state of our nation because they didn't do the f-ing job they were voted in to do. I find very little legitimate faults in the guy other than he's crass and doesn't seem to be as constitutionally unaware as all the other presidents I've experienced within my lifetime.

The majority of arguments against Trump I hear on the board, I suspect are rooted with concerns over his immigration stance. People on here have griped with his rollout of his travel ban. Well what the hell do you think was going to happen? I mean, Reagan, Bush(es), Clinton, Obama have absolutely taken the US to the precipice through their total failure to defend our sovereignty. It's going to be a YUGE mess to fix it. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

We MUST undo the false multiculturalism that has been synthesized into our society.

Obviously it's tragic to see a mother torn from her kids through deportation. It's almost as tragic as seeing a young citizens life cut short by someone who never should have been here in the first place; seeing entire communities displace, and then turn hostile towards the native populace; and having to hear an arrogant, hateful president applaud the the fact the the America of the future will inevitably not have a place for me or my children because of our lack of "diversity".

I can't and don't believe that many of the people on here who parrot the hysterical #neverTrump arguments of the left / establishment are leftists themselves. What I do think is happening, is that people are confused and upset because things aren't "nice" now, they're having to pick sides, and the clean-up is going to be ugly. Many of us still listen to what the media says and struggle to accept that 'fake news' has been coming for years from the biggest players of our supposed free press. ("What riots? I don't see it on CNN...").

So when I hear leftist / establishment talking points used in on this forum to discredit Trump (which I don't really understand, but whatevs…) I'm going to point out that that's what those talking points are. I'd like to people to start questioning themselves, "am I just regurgitating leftist talking points"?, but if they don't… I think I'll live.

I think Rand Paul has very eloquently defended Donald Trump in recent days, and we know where Rand stands on the Donald. I believe his defense speaks volumes about what we're up against. The Paul family best articulates my vision of what a modern constitutional America should be about. For many years I (correctly) maintained that because we didn't vote in Ron Paul when we could, when the rightwing backlash finally came we would end up with something much more extreme. Enter the Donald. It could have been worse.

Here is what I will unequivocally say: in my opinion and from what I've seen so far, DJT will likely be the greatest president in my four decades of life. I could not be more in sync with two of his top platform items –*the right to defend myself and the importance of our national sovereignty. He still has plenty of opportunities to fuck it up, so I'm withholding my full judgement until all is said and done. However his treatment of the left and their lying, evil media has been simply magnificent.

What I don't want to see happen is for well-intentioned, but uninformed people cling to leftist arguments the impede Trump's progress.
    Last edited by jc000; 02-22-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    But here's the deal: the root of the arguments against Trump are pure leftist trash. And sadly that includes the majority of arguments I'm seeing surface here.
    You know what I'm tired of? Being called a leftist or a fascist by people who disagree with me. My problems with Trump have nothing to do with most of what people on both sides are arguing about. Frankly, I think the travel ban and immigration stuff are the usual sleight of hand. One side gets jacked about them, the other side jumps to the defense, meanwhile other things go unnoticed. Here's the juice: if your ideas about politics and politicians come from whichever flavor of propaganda you prefer, you're not looking at the big picture. To really understand what's going on in the world requires more effort than absorbing confirmation bias from Fox or CNN.

Now I'll fuck off back to my lefty-fascist corner.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

Now I'll fuck off back to my lefty-fascist corner.
    Take a number, it's crowded in here.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You know what I'm tired of? Being called a leftist or a fascist by people who disagree with me.
    Probably by the same people who railed against being labeled "racist" for disagreeing with Obama. Since I hold views that manage to piss off people on both sides of the fence (I'm ok with gay marriage and simultaneously ok with mass deportation of illegals, for example, something for folks on both sides of the aisle to hate) I'm obviously a right wing leftist fascist hippy. Probably why I vote a split ticket: 30% dirty hippy, 70% the man. I'm also a bit tired of the POTUS as God/Satan mentality. You can't point out something good the opposition got right or something your own party screwed up or YOU WANT TO BURN THE WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY DOWN !!!!!!111! Holy fuck, dude, put the cable news channel on mute for a minute. It's ok people have had different experiences and thoughts than you and have therefore formed different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...manage to piss off people on both sides of the fence (I'm ok with gay marriage and simultaneously ok with mass deportation of illegals, for example, something for folks on both sides of the aisle to hate) I'm obviously a right wing leftist fascist hippy...
    That thing that JAD said about taking a number? Go ahead, I've got a super-sized flask of scotch to share while we bunker up.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    As a potential illegal alien, I wish to parasitically exploit your strategic whiskey reserve.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    As a potential illegal alien, I wish to parasitically exploit your strategic whiskey reserve.
    Come at me, bro.

User Tag List