Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW

We are diminished

BMW

Announcement:

If the President of BMW USA reads the forum, please PM me. I would be willing to trade a free slot in an AFHF class for a 2011 X5 M. Thank you.

just the M, eh?

Good thing you didn't say X6M, I'd be questioning everything else I read.

The enthusiasm disappears as soon as you start paying for parts and service.
    I just had to change a bumper on my 328, 1000 bucks...The car does drive, though.

I would much prefer an Audi R8, but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    just the M, eh?

Good thing you didn't say X6M, I'd be questioning everything else I read.
    It may be ugly but it's performance is out of this world for what it is. Straight line acceleration beats the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and it pulls more lateral G's than an M5 or M6! Take a ride in one and I'd be willing to be you'll walk away more than impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    It may be ugly but it's performance is out of this world for what it is. Straight line acceleration beats the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and it pulls more lateral G's than an M5 or M6! Take a ride in one and I'd be willing to be you'll walk away more than impressed.
    I just haven't been a "performance truck" kinda guy. I prefer performance sedans. I can understand that if you NEED a truck, you would want a performance truck. But so little about the x6 resolves the needs for a truck.

I guess BMW turned me off a little when then 1-series came out and weighs about 100lb less than the 3-series.

That said, I'm sure they'll sell a zillion.

And there's a good 60% chance I'll own a mid/late 90's m3 in a couple of years. (as a compliment to the safe g35xS)

If he reads this ...

He can have my spot in this weekend's AFHF class and I'll take any used/demo model he wants to get rid of. I'm not picky.

I won't tell him it's going to rain all weekend and I've been home sick all week.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-weat...in-860404.html
    Last edited by VolGrad; 03-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Announcement:

If the President of BMW USA reads the forum, please PM me. I would be willing to trade a free slot in an AFHF class for a 2011 X5 M. Thank you.
    Ok---let me know where to leave the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I would much prefer an Audi R8, but that's just me
    I´m with you at this. The flip side is, you have to pay a fortune and a half for the Audi. At least over here in Germany.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

And there's a good 60% chance I'll own a mid/late 90's m3 in a couple of years.
    That is one of the cars I'd -love- to own.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

User Tag List