Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty old Beretta 92FS "Ghost" INOX for $400. I cleaned her up with pics!

Rusty old Beretta 92FS "Ghost" INOX for $400. I cleaned her up with pics!

So i was in a local pawn shop not too long ago checking the usual inventory when i came across an old DULL 92FS Inox "Ghost". It had patina spots on top of the slide by the chamber and sides of the slide. It felt nice though:yuck:. It belonged to old woman who got it from her brother who died and then kept it in her kitchen drawer for over 8 years lol. So I couldn't say no to a project and bought her for $426 OTD. I took it home and got sooo excitedto break her down and clean her I didn't take the dirty pics !!!!!

I did have the after pics though.I cleaned her all up and removed all the patina on the slide with a copper bore brush, and polished the hammer and strut to smooth out the trigger. Did not go into the extractor or firing pin at the moment. Will shoot it tomorrow and decide if i want to clean extractor yet...

Without further ado

Site Supporter
    Nice! I don't know what it looked like before... but it looks freakin' sweet now. Nice work. Add an inox Beretta to the not-so-short list...
    Last edited by MattyD380; 02-19-2017 at 02:13 AM.

I really wish i would have taken before pics. It just skipped my mind I was soo excited to "rescue" this poor neglected girl.

Funny thing, I've always HATED the Inox guns. Never thought they were good looking. However now that i own this one and cleaned it up, it is actually fast becoming my favorite pistol....beating out my M9A3!!!

Funny how things happen like that.

Site Supporter
    An Inox Beretta has long been on my list of wants, due to a very unforgettable old American Handgunner photo spread. When people talk about gun pron, that's what comes to mind for me. That gun. That magazine.

Nice job find at a good price. Cleaned up nicely.

Nice find! Always loved that version of the Beretta!

Very nice. Beautiful design.
    Great rescue.
    --- Joe ---
    Sig Sauer P320RX, P229R E2, P365XL, SP2022 || Springfield 1911 Range Officer Compact Elite
    Henry Golden Boy || Ruger 10/22 Custom || CZ455V || Tippmann M4-22 Elite || HP 995TS

Good score, I love the look of the Inox.

I hate the integral staneless front sight, it provides a really goofy sight picture. I paint the face of my Girsan's stainless front with flat black paint.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 02-19-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Man, Berettas are just sexy. No experience with the Inox version, but the Wilson trigger bar and spring kit is worthwhile. As is their slim grips.

Vending Machine Operator
    Stole it. Great job cleaning it up, and as a 92-series fanboy thanks for saving it from the rust heap.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List