Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sights for 25 yards?

What sights for 25 yards?

I'm buying a Glock 34 to set up for 25 yard bullseye work. What sights would you guys recommend? I've been eyeing a set of Dawson adjustables that a friend has but I'd like to hear what else you guys are using.

Highly recommend the Dawson Adustables; I have them on my Glock 34. I am biased towards a .100 wide front x .125 rear and the adjustable rear is just a bonus.
    Last edited by Onikudaki; 02-18-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Not sure if Bomars are available for Glocks, but if it's for bullseye that's what I'm running. Dawson's are great on my action comp guns, but I'd recommend target sights for true bullseye.

On the non-adjustable front, a 10-8 .140" rear with a .115" front has worked better than any other sight combo for me on B8s @ 25yds.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    for fiber optics I would go with Dawson without a doubt; adjustable or fixed, dealer's choice. Wouldn't go thicker than 0.125" - personally prefer 0.115". Warren Tactical would be my 2nd place choice.

http://ameriglo.com/collections/gloc...el-target-sets

.090 front sight post is really sharp and accurate.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'd recommend a thin black serrated front and narrow black rear. Adjustable would be preferable for bullseye. Dawson has options for both.

I personally find FO distracting for bullseye work.

You can use Bomar's if you have the slide milled for them, google for pics

A red dot sight.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

^^what he said.

But if you are trying to do this with irons, the goal should be as narrow of light bars as possible between the front and rear and an impact point just slightly high of the top of the front sight. I'd recommend maybe a .125 front with a .115 rear and maybe go narrower on the rear from there depending on how it looks on a g34. This is counter to shooting fast on targets from 7-10 yards.

User Tag List