Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP seizes $2 Million in Fake Glock Magazines

Site Supporter

CBP seizes $2 Million in Fake Glock Magazines

$2 million in fake Glock magazines seized at Savannah port

U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the Savannah Port of Entry inspected a container of manifested firearm magazines and discovered 591 cartons of pistol magazines bearing the Glock trademark.

The importation of the magazines with the Glock trademark on the packaging was found to be unauthorized and in violation of the registered trademark, said Mark Varga, CBP spokesman.

http://savannahnow.com/crime-courts-...-savannah-port

So how do you spot the fakes ?
    Last edited by HCM; 02-17-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Great....

More shit to have to worry about being real or not

I'd like to know which vendors or distributors were supposed to be the recipients. That would be some useful info.

Perhaps someone who has personal knowledge of the Glock distribution network could explain how their system operates.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Are there any legitimate vendors selling new Glock magazines packaged in plastic bags rather than in cardboard-backed clear plastic packaging? I ordered some magazines pre-election, and they arrived in plastic bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Are there any legitimate vendors selling new Glock magazines packaged in plastic bags rather than in cardboard-backed clear plastic packaging? I ordered some magazines pre-election, and they arrived in plastic bags.

You got the fakes. Glock does not package their mags in plastic bags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    You got the fakes. Glock does not package their mags in plastic bags.
    You are right.

I just compared the magazines to known genuine articles, and the witness holes and labeling on the back are different. Going to take this up with the vendor on Monday.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Does not Glock also sell the mags in "bulk" to some LE retailers? They could be packaged in plastic by those retailers who did not get them in consumer oriented blister type packages made to hung on a peg.

Site Supporter

Bill,

I have ordered Glock mags from several well known vendors, and they usually shipped in plastic bags which probably helped with shipping cost. Who knows.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    You are right.

I just compared the magazines to known genuine articles, and the witness holes and labeling on the back are different. Going to take this up with the vendor on Monday.

Also keep in mind that glock magazines change witness hole location/labeling fairly frequently. Can you post photos?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

So how do you spot the fakes ?
    By getting them from CDNN?

User Tag List