Thread: J frame "Performance Center" models etc?

J frame "Performance Center" models etc?

Gang, there is a plethora of these models out and about lately. Talo PC 642's, 642 PC II, 442 "super tuned"

Is there any difference? Also, do the "pro series" 642's that take moon clips have any action enhancements?

In particular, has anyone looked inside to see what has really been done?

Thanks,

Dave

I haven't dug into mine, Talo II, but the pull on it is very smooth. It also has a smooth faced and polished trigger. There was a thread over on another forum where someone said they thought they had Wolff springs installed from the factory.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Gang, there is a plethora of these models out and about lately. Talo PC 642's, 642 PC II, 442 "super tuned"

Is there any difference? Also, do the "pro series" 642's that take moon clips have any action enhancements?

In particular, has anyone looked inside to see what has really been done?

Thanks,

Dave
    Pro series 442 and 642 have no action improvements. I have one of each, but it was my way of making damn sure the shop ordered guns with no locks, as the pro series versions are lock free. The moon clips are OK, but I really don't use them

I would keep the 5 in the gun in a clip but reloads in speedloaders. Makes administrative loading/unloading easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List