Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The T.Rex Arms 3yard concealment challenge

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys. I was down an arm for over a year and finally got two hands back on a gun last summer. From then until the end of the year I hit it really hard trying to figure out how to shoot a gun well with little support hand strength. I ended up changing my technique quite a bit and then when I got some hand strength back I started shooting better than ever.

I broke the 6 second mark on the FAST in August. At the beginning of October I shot a 5.4X cold. Then next time I shot it was Dec 28 and I shot a 5.00: 1.70/.51/2.17/.21/.21/.20. One of these years I'll start practicing reloads. That run was not cold though. I shot it after shooting the LAPD SWAT tests.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    ***This post/thread is not associated with T.Rex Arms, it merely takes inspiration from the drill T.Rex Arms posted to their Instagram***

I literally just went 9 for 10 at 3 yards with a 1 second par from real concealment, that is if you count the whole sheet of paper as a target, 7 for 10 if you count only the 6" circle. Using a G4 G17, my 124ge reloads (not bunny fart loads), and a Mastermind AIWB holster. First attempt at this, did not practice.

Using this target, attempt to draw from concealment, and make hits with a one second par time.
    Damn playa! Nice work!
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Damn playa! Nice work!
    I'll take that praise, considering the source and puff my chest out just a little bit
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Thanks guys. I was down an arm for over a year and finally got two hands back on a gun last summer. From then until the end of the year I hit it really hard trying to figure out how to shoot a gun well with little support hand strength. I ended up changing my technique quite a bit and then when I got some hand strength back I started shooting better than ever.

I broke the 6 second mark on the FAST in August. At the beginning of October I shot a 5.4X cold. Then next time I shot it was Dec 28 and I shot a 5.00: 1.70/.51/2.17/.21/.21/.20. One of these years I'll start practicing reloads. That run was not cold though. I shot it after shooting the LAPD SWAT tests.
    I feel ya on the arm bit, trust me.

Name:  stitches1.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  32.1 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Shit. Yeah it looks like you know where I'm coming from.

User Tag List