Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Start/Surrender positions (split off)

The T.Rex Arms 3yard concealment challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Here's an old clip of the trex arms owner drawing #subsecond from various starting positions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUkxMWgEVE/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Nice work.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Again, not speaking in absolutes.

Talking about a situation where you are outside the reactionary gap of a person who is aiming a pistol at you. Telling you "give me your money" and you guys would opt to give him your money?

What stops him from shooting you? What have you done to stop him from shooting you?

This is the type of conversation which has numerous different ways of looking at it. We can go extreme with numerous people pointing guns at you from various angles or one guy with a knife 10 yards away.

Regardless of the situation, this is a logic problem. Do you allow someone to determine if you get shot or do you make the choice? What are the possible outcomes in these situations? Best case you hope he doesn't shoot you? Yeah no thanks.

Still, defaulting to a surrender position is not the instant reaction which should be trained.
    No one said that should be our default. I said it's a viable option IF behind the power curve. My end state on a fight is to win. My mindset in life is to never be the guy seen cowering or screaming for his life in a video. If complying is a viable option for me to get to my preferred end state, I'll do it. If it's obvious the guy is going to kill me anyway, I'm going to take him with me (hopefully). I think this is getting mixed with a mindset thing and idk if it should.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 02-17-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Here's an old clip of the trex arms owner drawing #subsecond from various starting positions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUkxMWgEVE/
    That's literally not data unless we know what size of target he is shooting at, at the range of 3 yards. It's a meaningless post.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's literally not data unless we know what size of target he is shooting at, at the range of 3 yards. It's a meaningless post.
    It's the same kind of post as the other subsecond video where some people commented on his hand positioning. I didn't realize until after my post the topic had become something else

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 02-17-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    No one said that should be our default. I said it's a viable option IF behind the power curve. My end state on a fight is to win. My mindset in life is to never be the guy seen cowering or screaming for his life in a video. If complying is a viable option for me to get to my preferred end state, I'll do it. If it's obvious the guy is going to kill me anyway, I'm going to take him with me (hopefully). I think this is getting mixed with a mindset thing and idk if it should.
    How would it be obvious?

Isn't him pointing a gun at you an obvious sign?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

How would it be obvious?

Isn't him pointing a gun at you an obvious sign?
    Obvious= already shooting/active shooter is what came to my mind. If someone is 4 yards from me and pointing a gun at my face, should I draw and hope he doesn't hit Me at 4 yards? There are many scenarios for this and once again that sight has video evidence that acting immediately can be good and bad. He also has plenty of evidence that waiting can be good or bad. Both have their place
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 02-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Had a good voice Convo with Orion, want to give it some thought and will try to articulate myself more clearly as the message is correct but there seems to be things lost during the posting process.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Obvious= already shooting/active shooter is what came to my mind. If someone is 4 yards from me and pointing a gun at my face, should I draw and hope he doesn't hit Me at 4 yards? There are many scenarios for this and once again that sight has video evidence that acting immediately can be good and bad. He also has plenty of evidence that waiting can be good or bad. Both have their place
    No amount of evidence is going to sway me that a random person on the street pointing a gun at me means me no harm.

As I've stated previously, my shoot threshold is obviously different than yours. I consider someone pointing a gun at me, in this context, to be an immediate deadly force threat.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I am not sure if this is left out because it is just understood, but I don't really see anyone discussing movement during the draw. Am I wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I am not sure if this is left out because it is just understood, but I don't really see anyone discussing movement during the draw. Am I wrong here?
    Good point...but I think the matter on the table (for the moment) is or was where one's hands would or should be at the outset. No doubt that movement would add a whole other dynamic into the equation (depending on feasibility).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Had a good voice Convo with Orion, want to give it some thought and will try to articulate myself more clearly as the message is correct but there seems to be things lost during the posting process.

No amount of evidence is going to sway me that a random person on the street pointing a gun at me means me no harm.

As I've stated previously, my shoot threshold is obviously different than yours. I consider someone pointing a gun at me, in this context, to be an immediate deadly force threat.
    Voodoo, maybe we are talking around each other. I never said someone pointing a gun at you means no harm, I am starting to think you are seeing things you want to see. I am not debating the fact that a person with a gun or knife or pipe is a deadly threat and that I need to deal with it, I am talking about decided when to deal with it. The idea that you are always going to draw as soon as you see a gun pointed at you is to ignore the fact that could easily end with you being dead. You obviously havent looked at the evidence or are pretty set in your ways. Either is fine but your acting like I said don't shoot the guy with a gun, which I never did.

User Tag List