Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 204: Dot Torture

P30 V2, OWB Kydex under button down shirt
    3 yards
    47 (I wrote 47-48 on the sheet, couldn't tell on one)
    Fail
    All bad shots were done when I didn't have a consistent trigger pull throughout. I've read on here that's one of the mistakes that can be made with the LEM. I did it anyway... The biggest thing I noticed is that about halfway through I sped up considerably. I've done this many times in the past with this drill and knew I needed to remind myself to slow down. That's two things I was conscience of going in and did them anyway so I'm pretty disappointed in this performance.
    Name:  Dot Torture.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  61.6 KB

G19 Gen 3 with Overwatch Precision Trigger and "-" connector in a RCS Eidolon, from concealment.

3 yards.

Fail.

I wasn't trying to be fast at all, rather just trying to focus on fundamentals. Pleased with my SHO and WHO shooting, disappointed that I didn't pass. Dropped the first shot on #9 of all things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun and holster used Gen 3 G-17
    Distance 3 yards
    Total score 47/50
    Pass or fail Fail
    Anything you noticed I yanked 3 shots weak hand only. After I was done I re-shot the 3 rounds correctly.

I ran it twice more with another Gen 3 G-17 and a CZ-75. Both were 50/50.

Name:  IMG_1265.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  39.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1266.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  36.5 KB

50 rounds of dot torture strikes me as mostly torture, and may be counter productive to shooting with time constraints. I like a 15 round version, with five rounds freestyle, and five each left and right hand only. Much more interesting to me, is shooting Garcia dots, which is six rounds from the holster in five seconds, or whatever par works for you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    50 rounds of dot torture strikes me as mostly torture, and may be counter productive to shooting with time constraints. I like a 15 round version, with five rounds freestyle, and five each left and right hand only. Much more interesting to me, is shooting Garcia dots, which is six rounds from the holster in five seconds, or whatever par works for you.

I've shot dot torture all the way through like 3 times. It's a killer test. I go through a brief period of wanting to look where the bullets come out when I throw a shot on like the 47th shot.
    Last edited by Luke; 02-20-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I've shot dot torture all the way through like 3 times. It's a killer test. I go through a brief period of wanting to look where the bullets come out when I throw a shot on like the 47th shot.
    My personal Dot Torture-related anger mainly stems from the rules at my range - no targets closer than 7 yards, and I'm just not at that level on 2-inch dots yet. I'd love to be able to start at 3 yards like you're theoretically supposed to, as I feel like doing that and then progressing from there as I'm able would be good for my accuracy development. Sadly, my range is run by people who set rules and then refuse to explain the "why" behind them or even respond to questions. (I've asked, multiple times, what the reason for the target distance rule is, even using the basic distance for Dot Torture as an example of why a person might have a good reason for shooting closer than 7 yards, and never received any reply.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    My personal Dot Torture-related anger mainly stems from the rules at my range - no targets closer than 7 yards, and I'm just not at that level on 2-inch dots yet. I'd love to be able to start at 3 yards like you're theoretically supposed to, as I feel like doing that and then progressing from there as I'm able would be good for my accuracy development. Sadly, my range is run by people who set rules and then refuse to explain the "why" behind them or even respond to questions. (I've asked, multiple times, what the reason for the target distance rule is, even using the basic distance for Dot Torture as an example of why a person might have a good reason for shooting closer than 7 yards, and never received any reply.)
    Is this a club or commercial range ?

Is it the only range in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is this a club or commercial range ?

Is it the only range in your area?
    It's the club I'm a member of. Unfortunately, the only one I know of that has a better rules situation is budgetarily prohibitive for me, so I'm stuck with what I've got until/unless my financial situation changes significantly.

I shot my worst ever Dot Torture yesterday. I simply started falling apart after SHO due to frustration.

Holster: Low ready (the LGS indoor range doesn't allow drawing from the holster).

Gun: G19 Gen4

Distance: 3yds.

Score: 30/50. Fail

I attribute this failure to a number of factors that I've been playing with lately. I'm going to be doing my best to straighten those out and try again soon.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    50 rounds of dot torture strikes me as mostly torture, and may be counter productive to shooting with time constraints.
    I noticed that my cadence was faster this time than when I had shot it in the past.

Next month: Dot Torture with times.

User Tag List