Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex IWB #3

Chuck, with some designs, yes, others no. Some pistols have a thick enough slide release/decocker/whatever that it works better to use two single points for the loops, instead of a channel all the way across the pistol like I do on my Glocks. I know the Kahrs are two single points. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I am expecting to receive a box of goodies from Tony today, to include L & R #3s for a Kahr K9.

Alternately, and please Tony correct me if I'm wrong, if you get the wide spacing w/loops and then want to try the clip, all you need to do is drill a third hole in the middle that matches the clip's spacing.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks Tom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    I've worn an IWB #3 every day now for three or four years. I carry a G35 in it, under anything from a Columbia fishing shirt to a suit. On the rare occaisions that I carry something smaller, it's a G19 in another IWB #3. Great holster for EDC.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Sherman, thanks. Tough life when you just take hugs from kids and ladies
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    After training with Tom, I bought several JMCK #3's for G34, G19, 1911, 4" K frame, 4" L frame, M&P FS. Basically every pistol I own.

I've found in this game that there are very few holsters that translate from gun to gun. Meaning, one model of holster might work well for a G19, but it won't work for the similarly sized M&P. But the #3 works for everything.

I'd wear it everyday if I had bigger surgical operatories to work out of, but I don't and I'm always banging into counters, X-ray units and other things. And patients are always hugging me...and yes I've read the Ayoob article on how to divert that, but when little old ladies and kids are hugging you, and you're very tall, aside from quickly taking a knee, you just have to get hugged sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Chuck, with some designs, yes, others no. Some pistols have a thick enough slide release/decocker/whatever that it works better to use two single points for the loops, instead of a channel all the way across the pistol like I do on my Glocks. I know the Kahrs are two single points. Thanks
    Thanks for that clarification, Tony. I've seen a picture of someone having done that somewhere on here (almost assuredly a Glock version).

Oh, and I just got my box o' happiness from you. (I see what you mean.)
    After setting the tension and fixing the loops to my preference, I'm wearing the RH one as I lounge on the couch and it feels like heaven. I'll head out the door in a bit with the other one. The mag pouch is perfect, and when my wife gets home, we'll get the Universal dialed in for her with her PPS M2. Thanks for such great products!!
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 02-21-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Chuck, glad you like them, thanks for the business!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Thanks for that clarification, Tony. I've seen a picture of someone having done that somewhere on here (almost assuredly a Glock version).

Oh, and I just got my box o' happiness from you. (I see what you mean.)
    After setting the tension and fixing the loops to my preference, I'm wearing the RH one as I lounge on the couch and it feels like heaven. I'll head out the door in a bit with the other one. The mag pouch is perfect, and when my wife gets home, we'll get the Universal dialed in for her with her PPS M2. Thanks for such great products!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    I've worn an IWB #3 every day now for three or four years. I carry a G35 in it, under anything from a Columbia fishing shirt to a suit. On the rare occaisions that I carry something smaller, it's a G19 in another IWB #3. Great holster for EDC.
    Tom, does that G19 holster have your preferred 25 degree cant?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Tom, does that G19 holster have your preferred 25 degree cant?
    I think the G19 rig is 20 degrees, since the butt is shorter.

Based on this thread, and because my body does not accommodate AIWB carry, I ordered and received an IWB-3 for a Glock 19. It's been worn for a month now. I ordered a 25 degree cant to match the cant on a forthcoming purchase of an IWB-3 for a future G-17 or perhaps a 34. Widely spaced PTD snaps and a full guard complete the build list.

PROS The holster is best described as an improved Summer Special. It tucks the grip, whereas neither the Bruce Nelson (my first SS) nor, after Bruce passed, my Milt Sparks did nearly as well. The IWB-3 is kydex, which does not retain moisture. That's something you can't say about cowhide, and is sometimes a benefit. The full guard protects skin / undershirt from sight abrasion. These three things (tuck / moisture resistance / sight abrasion) raise the utility of the IWB-3 above its leather predecessors.

CONS The holster is held together with screws. The screws back out with use and must be carefully monitored for security. Once final adjustments are made, some sort of thread locking compound is probably indicated. This final step is not unique to the IWB-3.

The improvements Tony has made on the Summer Special far outweigh, in my opinion, a bit of thread locker. The IWB-3 is a splendid concealed carry holster and I believe it to be suitable for a wide variety of body shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Based on this thread, and because my body does not accommodate AIWB carry, I ordered and received an IWB-3 for a Glock 19. It's been worn for a month now. I ordered a 25 degree cant to match the cant on a forthcoming purchase of an IWB-3 for a future G-17 or perhaps a 34. Widely spaced PTD snaps and a full guard complete the build list.

PROS The holster is best described as an improved Summer Special. It tucks the grip, whereas neither the Bruce Nelson (my first SS) nor, after Bruce passed, my Milt Sparks did nearly as well. The IWB-3 is kydex, which does not retain moisture. That's something you can't say about cowhide, and is sometimes a benefit. The full guard protects skin / undershirt from sight abrasion. These three things (tuck / moisture resistance / sight abrasion) raise the utility of the IWB-3 above its leather predecessors.

CONS The holster is held together with screws. The screws back out with use and must be carefully monitored for security. Once final adjustments are made, some sort of thread locking compound is probably indicated. This final step is not unique to the IWB-3.

The improvements Tony has made on the Summer Special far outweigh, in my opinion, a bit of thread locker. The IWB-3 is a splendid concealed carry holster and I believe it to be suitable for a wide variety of body shapes.
    Duces Tecum, thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like the holster. As to your one Con, we do put VC3 on the threads of the retention screws at the shop, however we try and keep it a light coating so the end user can adjust it without having to use 2 screwdrivers. I guess we need to add a bit more to the threads. Anyway, thanks for the info and the business!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

My Version 3 showed up last week for my VP9. Ho-Lee shit, probably the most comfortable IWB kydex holster I've ever tried. Mine is 25 degrees with the wide spacing and soft loops, but not pull the dot as I like the slightly slimmer fixed versions better. At any rate, will order more!

User Tag List