Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex IWB #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jermzzzzzzz View Post
    Placed my order today, 15 degree cant and full sweat guard, thanks again for the review.
    Feel free to post in here with pics or thoughts when you get it. A lot of people make this style bolster but don't do it the way Tony does. I think you will be impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Tony,

I have a couple of your holsters and love them, great product. The Tom Givens packages for the 17/34 has a 25 degree cant. What cant for a G19 worn between 3 & 4 o'clock do you recommend? This would be for an IWB3. Thank you.
    I have run into this before. I think the only way to answer this is to insert an unloaded and safety checked maybe even a trigger guard applied gun in your waistband and adjust to find the right balance between comfort and conceal ability.

Site Supporter
    I carry at 4.

20 and 25 degree has been my thing. I got the 2 and just recently got the 3 which I like better.

I use the JM owb2 setup in straight drop for a g19 and it is the best owb holster I've ever owned. Been carrying for close to 1.5 years with it as a full time plain clothes LEO, and it conceals well and offers a fast draw. I much prefer it to a raven phantom style.

Thanks for the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    Anyone have some thoughts on the JMCK OWB #1 and #2? Not sure which to go with.
    Tony Mayer wrote,
    For your body style, I would get the Version 2, it's better suited to leaner guys.
    Of course you're the maker, but I'd agree the #1 would not be a good choice. IWB kydex pancakes require some amount of belt line real estate to work. I often think of this picture posted a M4Carbine of a guy with a 30" waist with a G26 in a Raven Concealment Phantom IWB.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....en-Concealment

I wonder if the #3 the OP has may still be the best option, with maybe loops instead of the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Tony,

I have a couple of your holsters and love them, great product. The Tom Givens packages for the 17/34 has a 25 degree cant. What cant for a G19 worn between 3 & 4 o'clock do you recommend? This would be for an IWB3. Thank you.
    cathellsk, thanks for the kudos. I would say a 15 degree cant is a good compromise for most for the 19. It all boils down to what you like imo. I like more cant for anything carried between 3:00 and 4:00 (20 degree is my optimal cant). Couple things to consider. More cant means you have to contort your wrist more to get a grip, but conceals better and is easier to draw from when sitting. Less cant is easier on the wrist, but a little harder to access when seated. Hence, the 19 and 15 degree cant go pretty well together, nice blend of concealment and accessibility. Hope that helps. FWIW, I would suggest the wide hole pattern and pull the dot loops, great holster!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I carry at 4.

20 and 25 degree has been my thing. I got the 2 and just recently got the 3 which I like better.
    Cookie Monster, couldn't agree more. I love the 3 as well!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Cookie Monster, couldn't agree more. I love the 3 as well!
    The wide spacing on the loops is really nice, fits over the wide loops on my Arborwear pants. The 2 always left a gap.

I need to get some more mag pouches soon.

I recently purchased the px4cc and I was thinking of ordering the 3 from JMCK, my question is if I order the standard hole pattern with the single clip and decide later I want to try the double loops will they work?

Is this model like the AIWB holster, in that you need say a G19 length for a G26 to prevent spill over?

User Tag List