Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sig P220 Compacts. Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I loved my 4506, but I needed cash and it was one of the guns that I didn't shoot much, so it went for a $100 profit after a year of ownership.
    The 4506 is beautiful. Totally Miami Vice. Though I think he did actually carry a P220 in first few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    The 4506 is beautiful. Totally Miami Vice. Though I think he did actually carry a P220 in first few episodes.
    Pretty sure it was a Browning BDA (P220 with heel magazine release imported by Browning)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Happened to be on the side of town where the new Cabela's went in, so I stopped by. They had one of those 2014 production 5946s in the case. The MIM on the hammer had a particularly smooth appearance, which was backed up by the particularly smooth and light trigger press. I wish my 3953 felt like that. Hard not to want to try one for real. The price makes it easier, though.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Happened to be on the side of town where the new Cabela's went in, so I stopped by. They had one of those 2014 production 5946s in the case. The MIM on the hammer had a particularly smooth appearance, which was backed up by the particularly smooth and light trigger press. I wish my 3953 felt like that. Hard not to want to try one for real. The price makes it easier, though.
    Nice. My LGS has had a 5946TSW on consignment forever. Not sure if it's one of the recently made ones. If it was a 5906... I probably would have bought it by now. But I will say the DAO pull is really, really nice. Third gens are nice guns. I wish Smith still made em.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The ones at Cabela's are not TSWs. No rail, and the partial-pre-cock action with shorter press but no second strike capability. Lots of discussion about them fails to recognize that the serial numbers engraved on the right side of the frame are obviously CNC milled, at least obviously when you've seen a bunch of numbers CNC milled into stuff. Which tells me they were new production, not just old parts sitting around.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The ones at Cabela's are not TSWs. No rail, and the partial-pre-cock action with shorter press but no second strike capability. Lots of discussion about them fails to recognize that the serial numbers engraved on the right side of the frame are obviously CNC milled, at least obviously when you've seen a bunch of numbers CNC milled into stuff. Which tells me they were new production, not just old parts sitting around.
    That's interesting. As far as I know Smith still has the tooling in Houlton (or at least they did) and they would fulfill contracts on 3rd gens if the order was big enough. So yeah... they've definitely made some of those guns in the past few years.

Only thing I hate are those tack-on rails.

User Tag List