Thread: M45a1 holster w/light

Site Supporter

M45a1 holster w/light

Now that it seems colt has switched all its rail guns over to the m45a1 style rails, does anyone make a light bearing retention holster that fits? Or is there any current safariland holster that will work or can be made to fit? Not finding much besides first spears offering, and a bungee isn't exactly my idea of retention.

Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post
    Now that it seems colt has switched all its rail guns over to the m45a1 style rails, does anyone make a light bearing retention holster that fits? Or is there any current safariland holster that will work or can be made to fit? Not finding much besides first spears offering, and a bungee isn't exactly my idea of retention.
    Well, I guess I'm an idiot, but how does that differ from normal pic rail? I use an ALS with my Pro's, no issues. X300 or TLR-1.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Well, I guess I'm an idiot, but how does that differ from normal pic rail? I use an ALS with my Pro's, no issues. X300 or TLR-1.
    The new rail, from the M45A11, sits down lower so from top of slide to bottom of rail the gun is ~0.200" taller.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The new rail, from the M45A11, sits down lower so from top of slide to bottom of rail the gun is ~0.200" taller.
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. I guess I stopped paying attention to them awhile ago. Why would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. I guess I stopped paying attention to them awhile ago. Why would they do that?
    I believe it has to do with the dual recoil spring. I have two of them but couldn't tell ya much at all about them.

I believe it has to do with the dual recoil spring. I have two of them but couldn't tell ya much at all about them.
    Well, I guess I'll have to do some digging now, just out of curiosity. Thanks!

Here's the CCU, note how the rail bottom is into the trigger guard. A "standard" TRP or prior Colt railed 1911 stopped at the top of the trigger.

Here's the CCU, note how the rail bottom is into the trigger guard. A "standard" TRP or prior Colt railed 1911 stopped at the top of the trigger.

That's just great. I figured this out just a few days ago while on the verge of purchasing a CCU - I was "wait what? Shares unique rail style with M45 . . ."

I've got two sets of 1911 holsters now and I've no interest in adding a third.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

MARSOC contracted with Safariland for holsters for the M45. You may try contacting Safariland directly.
    C Class shooter.

disregard ...
    Last edited by EVP; 02-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.

User Tag List