Thread: A Good News Event to Restore (some of) Your Lost Faith in Humanity

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

A Good News Event to Restore (some of) Your Lost Faith in Humanity

From AJC.com:

A Tesla driver is being hailed a hero after authorities in Munich said he used his luxury electric car to stop another driver on the Autobahn who appeared to be suffering from a stroke.

The Tesla driver, who was identified by German newspaper Munchner Merker as Manfred Kick, was driving north on Bundesautobahn 9 near Munich on Monday evening when he noticed a VW Passat driving erratically.

When he pulled his €70,000 ($74,460) Tesla Model S up to the Passat, he realized the driver appeared to be in serious trouble, according to The Local.de.

"The driver had tipped forward and hung motionless in his seatbelt," Kick told Munchner Merker. "His head and hands hung limply. … I had to stop his car somehow, otherwise it would have continued forever. And it was clear that the driver needed help quick."

With what fire officials described as "incredible courage," Kick overtook the Passat. In front of the other car, Kick slowly pumped his brakes until both his Tesla and the Passat came to a stop.

Name:  photos.medleyphoto.13227363.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  89.1 KB

Tesla CEO Elon Musk praised the quick-thinking Tesla driver on Wednesday, writing on Twitter that the company would cover the costs of repairs in appreciation for his actions.
    Pretty ballsy thing for a random civilian to do on behalf of a total stranger. Hat's off to the Tesla driver, and hat's off to Musk for pledging to pay for the car repairs.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Situational awareness is everything.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List