Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump press conference 2/16

Like a Glock, function over form. Policy should always trump personality. As long as the right bills get passed and signed, and the right executive orders get nullified, who cares what the DNC, George Soros, CNN, the EU, and the UN, might say about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Like a Glock, function over form. Policy should always trump personality. As long as the right bills get passed and signed, and the right executive orders get nullified, who cares what the DNC, George Soros, CNN, the EU, and the UN, might say about him?
    Yup.
    #RESIST

i want to agree with you but can't fully.

for example, havent you ever worked with someone who is brilliant at the actual functions of whatever it is they do, but due to personality etc ends up being stuck or ineffective?

if the president alone could change things, i'd agree more fully but he has to be able to work with and motivate people.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    if the president alone could change things, i'd agree more fully but he has to be able to work with and motivate people.
    Which people? Maxine Waters? Chuck Schumer???

He needs to defeat those people. That's his job. Lyndsey Graham and John McCain are not on our side. Trump doesn't have to work with them. He needs to defeat them.

I believe he will. And I've been right about Trump for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Which people? Maxine Waters? Chuck Schumer???

He needs to defeat those people. That's his job. Lyndsey Graham and John McCain are not on our side. Trump doesn't have to work with them. He needs to defeat them.

I believe he will. And I've been right about Trump for a long time.
    people that are currently on his "side" or are in the middle/on-the fence.

working with someone and defeating them (or more specifically their ideas/agendas/motives) are not mutually exclusive things...

I see what you did there...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

i want to agree with you but can't fully. for example, havent you ever worked with someone who is brilliant at the actual functions of whatever it is they do, but due to personality etc ends up being stuck or ineffective? if the president alone could change things, i'd agree more fully but he has to be able to work with and motivate people.
    You've convinced me. We'd be better off with someone approved by all those people who - by choice - don't hold a job, collect benefits, block roads and burn things. A leader who was respected by the global elite for selling out American constitutional law in favor of 'international law' and honored with a Nobel prize or a billion-dollar foundation grant. America would be better off with three new Supreme Court Justices who would make up law as they went along; that way they could ensure that social justice would be affected and - at the same time - take care not to offend anyone's feelings. We'd be better off with a leader who skipped daily national security briefings in favor of 18 holes, and who skipped news conferences (and the real questions that come with them) in favour of rock-star'esque surprise visits on late-night talk shows. We'd be better off without a border, or the rule of law, or a 2nd Amendment. No doubt.

(In your world.)

You've convinced me. We'd be better off with someone approved by all those people who - by choice - don't hold a job, collect benefits, block roads and burn things. A leader who was respected by the global elite for selling out American constitutional law in favor of 'international law' and honored with a Nobel prize or a billion-dollar foundation grant. America would be better off with three new Supreme Court Justices who would make up law as they went along; that way they could ensure that social justice would be affected and - at the same time - take care not to offend anyone's feelings. We'd be better off with a leader who skipped daily national security briefings in favor of 18 holes, and who skipped news conferences (and the real questions that come with them) in favour of rock-star'esque surprise visits on late-night talk shows. We'd be better off without a border, or the rule of law, or a 2nd Amendment. No doubt.

(In your world.)
    my perspective is that the world is not as binary as you think it is.

Last week I read an anti-Trump commentator talking about how Trump wears suits that are not currently fashionable. Doesn't that say it all? Isn't it embarassing? What will the French and the Italians think about America? Wouldn't America be better off with someone in a NYC-approved pret-a-porter (like one of those communist pantsuits)?
    Last edited by Wendell; 02-16-2017 at 09:19 PM.

my perspective is that the world is not as binary as you think it is.

From my cold dead hands.

User Tag List