Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a revolver as a primary?

keeps the cylinder justly slightly above the belt line
    Sounds like a Bianchi #3 Pocket Pistol holster.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I know that my Comp-Tac Gurkha for 3" N-frames positions the cylinder above the beltline.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've got a don Hume leather IWB, and it puts the cylinder slightly above the belt. If I'm standing still the gun doesn't print under just a t-shirt, but bend over and you can definitely see the grip if you're looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I've got a don Hume leather IWB, and it puts the cylinder slightly above the belt. If I'm standing still the gun doesn't print under just a t-shirt, but bend over and you can definitely see the grip if you're looking for it.
    For that reason I could never warm to designs that rode the gun that high.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a 37" sleeve length (Knuckle dragger from way back). The cylinder even with the belt is about as high as I can go. Much higher than that and I'm contorting my torso to acquire the gun.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Sounds like a Bianchi #3 Pocket Pistol holster.
    Definitely not one of those. I'm very familiar with many mass production (Don Hume, Bianchi, Safariland, Blackhawk, etc) holsters, and a lot of custom holster makers. This definitely looks like it was something towards the custom end of the spectrum. It was an interesting design, really.

Banned
    Revolvers have fallen out of favor because they are not "tacticool". Hi-Cap semi autos are. If it doesn't have at least one Picatinny rail on it, it is not effective in the eyes on the ninja crowd, and no self respecting ninja would be caught dead with it. Police carried revolvers effectively for almost a century. Now if you watch these dash cam videos of cops in shootouts with Hi-Cap semi's, all they do is miss more, and not even know they're doing it half the time. In interviews after shootouts most cops say they believe they fired only half the rounds they actually did. I love semi auto's but the shooter still has to do his part. It seems with semi autos that is becoming a rare occurrence. These cops now have practically a box of ammunition on their belts between a loaded double stack semi, and a couple of extra magazines. They're scoring hits much the same as when they only had 6.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by billt
    Revolvers have fallen out of favor because they are not "tacticool".
    I like a revolver as much as the next kid, but I carry a semiauto with a bunch of bullets in it because A) Sometimes even bad people have friends they hang around with and do stuff with, and B) Some people take a whole lot of shooting.

I'm not very concerned about how cool it is. Besides, nobody can see it anyway, so whether it's cool or not doesn't really matter.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I love revolvers, but they haven't fallen out of favor because they're not "tacticool," they've fallen out of favor because for most people they are harder to shoot well than semi's and the modern semi's hold 2 to 3 times more ammo. Autos are just more versatile, more effective, better tools for most of the jobs we carry handguns for.

My SP101 and M&P 9c are about the same size and roughly the same weight, but one has a ~5.5 lb. trigger, great sights, and holds 13 rounds of ammo. The other has a ~800,000 lb trigger, crappy sights, and holds five rounds of ammo. One of the two is superior to the other as a self-defense weapon...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Some people take a whole lot of shooting.
    As Bill Jordan once said, "If you need more than 6 you lost."

User Tag List