Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a revolver as a primary?

If you shoot "Significantly" better with one platform than another, you should definitely go with that platform. Six hits are many orders of magnitude better than 15 misses. For me I shoot both about then same. There are days I do better with one than the other but not that much. The reason I carry a revolver is based on work related issues, needs and problems. The revolver just fits that role better, like shooting out of a 1.5 x 1.5 gun port.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    Just satisfying my curiosity here. I've done so before, a tuned SP 101 with .357 DPX in it, and an LCR as back up. Just curious to see if anyone else has ever done so, as well.
    I used to carry a S&W Mdl 65 as my primary (and often only) gun, and today often use a 642 for primary carry.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

S&W M340 130 grain +P strong hand front pocket Galco holster.

All summer long -- a Scandium 329 44 magnum with Garrett Defender ammo.

I carry Ruger a GP100 4" because it's the first gun I bought, and currently the only one I own. I love the gun, but I don't exactly recommend it as a carry piece. Hiding the grip is not particularly easy, and it's damned heavy.

Carried a 3" SP101 for a few years and had no complaints.
    All summer I carried a 642 (and a reload)as a primary.
    Have a Speed Six project (9x23) near completion and I may carry that also.

When I am in the woods, or headed there, I often have a S&W 681 as my primary since 9mm isn't a legal deer round here.

The 642 is still my BUG in that case.

If I lived where really big mean animals ran around I'd likely have a 629 on me instead, with a snub .357 for a BUG.

I used to a lot. Then one night I was involved in a weird pursuit with my car blocking a pursuer from the pursued in what we later surmised was an attempted abduction, robbery or car jacking. The sight of my SP101 scared off the predators but left me totally underwhelmed with having the world turn shitty and having nothing but a 5 shot revolver to depend on. And I love wheelies, grew up with them and shoot them DA quite well. Maybe if I could really pull off carrying two.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I used to a lot. Then one night I was involved in a weird pursuit with my car blocking a pursuer from the pursued in what we later surmised was an attempted abduction, robbery or car jacking. The sight of my SP101 scared off the predators but left me totally underwhelmed with having the world turn shitty and having nothing but a 5 shot revolver to depend on. And I love wheelies, grew up with them and shoot them DA quite well. Maybe if I could really pull off carrying two.
    SP 101 up front and another snub conveniently tucked away somewhere . There's a guy at my range who has this interesting IWB rig for the Ruger full size GP series. He stuffs a 4" in it, and the interesting thing about the holster is that it actually keeps the cylinder justly slightly above the belt line. That may sound uncomfortable but apparently it's not; it's also stupidly concealable because I've seen him tuck his shirt in with it and it looks like he's wearing nothing. I need to find out where he gets it from.

In 1981 when I got my first CCW license in WA state, I only owned 3 handguns. A K-22, K-38 and 6" Model 57 (.41 magnum). A local guy made me up a suede clip on IWB for the .41 and I carried it for a good part of a year until I bought my first 1911. Luckily up there those rain parkas where nearly daily wear.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List