Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see those beat up carry guns!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    How long - December of 2016 - So 4-months.

Round count - both guns are used with a couple of thousand through each, prior to my ownership. My round count is 1200 rounds through the training gun and 200 Federal HSTs through the carry gun.

Would I buy another HK? Yes, I intend to buy a P30SK, actually. Both of my guns are V1 LEMs and my SK will be the same.

RE: HK Kool-Aid. These are my first two HKs to own. I have over the years probably shot every HK handgun model made, except the VP70. And for the most part, I never understood the Kool-Aid drinking, before. But now? I'd say I've started to change my mind about HKs. Back in the day (a Wednesday for reference), I was big into 1911s and never could figure out why I'd want an HK over my 1911. Then I sold all the 1911s to pay for my wife's grad school and switched to DA revolvers for shooting and carrying for nearly 10-years.

Eventually, I adopted an approach to only carry guns that are in-production AND to switch over to a single caliber (9mm) for logistical purposes. My initial thought was Glock. But I've been spoiled by shooting and carrying 1911s and DA revolvers which tend to have high(er) mechanical accuracy that I can use. And the Glocks I've had and shot never gave me the accuracy I desired. Between a desire for accuracy, a trigger system that functions like something I am comfortable with (DA revolver trigers) - HK LEMs are about the only solution.

-R

Thanks for the quick answer! I gotta be the king of thread drift on pf, so I'll try to be brief. I never understood the H&K thing until I really tried one. Is it over engineered? Oh hell yeah! Do I absolutely love it? A bigger hell yeah. Even with my limited shooting (compared to most here), I've never felt a firearm perform - out of the box - like this. I too, have the V1-LEM trigger system - cannot believe how well it suits me. There ain't one thing I'd change on this pistol.
    Last edited by 11B10; 03-30-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    ...There ain't one thing I'd change on this pistol.
    I wish it had a grip just long enough to hold a 13 round USPc magazine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I wish it had a grip just long enough to hold a 13 round USPc magazine.
    Just get a USPc?

For whatever it is worth (not much, honestly). When I cruise through this thread and see polymer guns that aren't HKs...I assume one of two things 1) The individual carrying the non-HK plastic gun is forced to by Agency requirements. 2) The individual carrying the non-HK plastic gun is unaware that HK plastic guns are superior in every facet.

For everyone carrying a metal-framed gun...well, I can tell that those folks "get it".

Starting to think the hk coolaid has a hold of some people... like badly

Just get a USPc?
    Except for the stubby mag release and blocky Grip, I probably would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post

I'm in it for the duration. I'm never gonna have a better firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    It's spelled hkoolaid, the h is silent
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

But deadly
    Ignore Alien Orders

Just get a USPc?

For whatever it is worth (not much, honestly). When I cruise through this thread and see polymer guns that aren't HKs...I assume one of two things 1) The individual carrying the non-HK plastic gun is forced to by Agency requirements. 2) The individual carrying the non-HK plastic gun is unaware that HK plastic guns are superior in every facet.

For everyone carrying a metal-framed gun...well, I can tell that those folks "get it".
    Hmm. Seems your April Fools joke was a day early.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolwrench View Post

Man I dig that. I want a blue Les Baer TR Special and a leather holster just for the purpose of wearing the bluing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Malamute, I've been fapping to that model 29 all over the internet for a long time. Didn't know you were on pistol forum until I saw this familiar blaster. Fap fap fap fap...

User Tag List