Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see those beat up carry guns!

I have cooler guns, but I'm all about that J frame lifestyle, mang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old duty P2000. Miss that particular gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  IMG_0215.jpg
Views: 2114
Size:  72.6 KB

To be fair, it looked like that when I got it.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Old Glock 22 I had when my P229 was at Sig last year. I bought it cheaply in this condition, but it ran great! Honestly shot it far better than most guns.

Attachment 14024
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Back in the late 80s, I walked into my favorite gunshop owned and operated by a former Navy SEAL named Hans and found he had a beautiful 6" S&W 686 in the display case. The Smith's former owner had bought it new and sent it out to have the trigger and lock professionally slicked up and timed for pin shooting. He'd run about a half box of 38s through it and decided to go a different route and had traded to Hans about an hour before. I talked Hans into letting me have it for $300 out the door and gave all the cash I had in my pocket, which was just short of the agreed purchase price. The following payday, I picked it up and named it "Doc". I don't know why, but she seemed to be a "Doc". Maybe, as it was exactly what I wanted in a 357, it was just what the doctor ordered.

This is another handgun that's not only a favorite, but an old and faithful companion. It too, has many miles riding in a Bianchi holster on my hip, in the trunk and sometimes under the front seat. The original holster was old and stained, but did yeoman duty protecting Doc from many bumps along the way. Unfortunately, the holster was lost in one of the many moves I've made, down through the years. Not to worry, Doc has a brand new Bianchi holster to comfortably ride in.

Doc has served well, defending hearth and home and putting many a tasty cottontail in the pot. Doc has also introduced several folks to the joys of shooting and even inspired one woman to buy a Smith, twin to Doc in every way, except being chambered in 22 LR. For awhile, the routine was to hit the indoor range once a week, shoot between 500 and a thousand rounds, buy replacement bullets, powder and primers and reloading enough rounds for the next trip. I've also run many rounds of hot 357 loads through the Smith, in pursuit of high desert jackrabbits.

Doc is showing some wear and her timing isn't as tight as it once was, after so many rounds and dry firings, but she's still a pistol to ride the river with
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

The full-size was my first duty gun. I was issued the compact when I made detective. I was able to buy them both when my department got new guns several years ago. The stainless slide on the compact apparently makes the wear hard to photograph.

Last edited by TC215; 02-18-2017 at 03:01 PM.

brought to you but Safariland's ALS system.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    brought to you but Safariland's ALS system.

What sights are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    What sights are those?

Dawson's

None of this wear is my doing, but this is now my pistol. Can't tell the difference between the lands and grooves, and this guy was shot. ALOT.

1974 King's Gunworks Colt Government.

User Tag List