Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see those beat up carry guns!

Let's see those beat up carry guns!

I'll start with my own carry piece.

There's only one rule: if you didnt carry it,don't post it. All careworn arms here will have honest wear.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

One is none two is one. If you were a serious carry person you would properly vet your carry piece and then leave it alone. Now your practice gun may have a lot of wear, but your rules don't allow that one.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    One is none two is one. If you were a serious carry person you would properly vet your carry piece and then leave it alone. Now your practice gun may have a lot of wear, but your rules don't allow that one.
    That is not my practice Beretta.
    Please see the latest post on my training journal for more info.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Name:  kimber small.jpg
Views: 2756
Size:  91.6 KBName:  lwc esmerelda small.jpg
Views: 2690
Size:  91.5 KB
    Last edited by JAD; 02-15-2017 at 12:15 PM.

I'll have to snap a pic of my old set up (boss gave me a new slide for it about a month ago because mine looked so beat to hell)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My EDC G19/X300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If you were a serious carry person you would properly vet your carry piece and then leave it alone.
    Wouldn't you carry it?

My old gen4

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Is this a serious post?

Guns that get carried a lot sometimes also have a worn finish (not always). Practice guns can look new on the outside after a cleaning. Sometimes guns are rotated between carry and practice. I always vet my carry gun, and while it is my carry gun it doesn't get shot as much as a practice gun -- but it does get shot sometimes. And I would feel just fine carrying my practice gun if need be. I must not be serious about it. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Is this a serious post?

Guns that get carried a lot sometimes also have a worn finish (not always). Practice guns can look new on the outside after a cleaning. Sometimes guns are rotated between carry and practice. I always vet my carry gun, and while it is my carry gun it doesn't get shot as much as a practice gun -- but it does get shot sometimes. And I would feel just fine carrying my practice gun if need be. I must not be serious about it. Or something.
    Nope Luke said your not. In all seriousness I usually do 1000 fmj and 300 of my carry load through a new carry gun and besides rotating carry ammo or checking function, it doesn't get shot much.

User Tag List