Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Laser Grips - Who's using them?

Lasers Rock!

I owned, until I just sold it recently, a portable indoor live shoot firing range that used HD projected bad guy scenarios. The trainees used live rounds in their guns. The lighting was intentionally poor near the shooter. I often saw many unintentional high shots because the shooter had the front sight and bad guy in view, but dropped their wrist slightly because their rear sight was not picked up in the low light, resulting in high shots. The shooters that had lasers seemed as if they were "cheating", because in the low light, they simply put the dot on the perp, fired, and down went the bad guy. I know many people have reasons they give to not want or like lasers, but after seeing laser's utility and superior first shot effectiveness in these high adrenaline shoot scenarios with all the shooters that used them, I'm sold. The usefulness of lasers in low light situations has been proven to me beyond a doubt. All my self defense handguns have one on them now.

I've had no luck with the CT 105's and 405's on hard use guns. They either won't hold zero, or the loosen and don't stay in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I've had no luck with the CT 105's and 405's on hard use guns. They either won't hold zero, or the loosen and don't stay in place.

Very disappointing to hear. What was CT's response?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Very disappointing to hear. What was CT's response?
    They told me not to overtighten the grips nor use loctite. They also told me how to adjust the zero on the laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    They told me not to overtighten the grips nor use loctite. They also told me how to adjust the zero on the laser.

So they assumed you were an idiot and blew you off.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

So they assumed you were an idiot and blew you off.
    Correct. I sold them off on eBay with the caveats that they wouldn't hold the screws nor the zero with hard use.

I think that folks like us probably treat these a bit harder than most gun people do. Although I've heard that the M&P pistol unit is rugged.

I'll have to keep a eye on my 405s. Mine gets fired a good bit but I've gone almost completely to wadcutters in my 642. Were you using a lot of +P in yours?

Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I'll have to keep a eye on my 405s. Mine gets fired a good bit but I've gone almost completely to wadcutters in my 642. Were you using a lot of +P in yours?

Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic
    Negative. Mostly 148's or the occasional cylinder (or 3) of GDHP's, when it was time to rotate carry Ammo (daylight savings time). Carried extensively in a variety of scenarios, and shot extensively, but nothing super hot.

Disheartening to hear since I my SP101 only sees magnums.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Disheartening to hear since I my SP101 only sees magnums.
    Me too. I have three Ruger SP101s.

Only one of them (2.25" barrel, bobbed hammer, action work by Marc Morganti) do I ever, very rarely, use as a CCW gun, and that one shoots right to POA only with 158gr .357 Magnum loads. (In this gun, 125 gr .357 Magnum, 110gr .357 Magnum and all .38 Special loads hit low.)

I believe Ruger sets these guns up to hit to POA with 158gr .357 Magnum loads.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List