Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Laser Grips - Who's using them?

Site Supporter
    Got CTs on my 642. Commented in another thread, that in the daytime, they lose visibility at the longer distances found in a common IDPA style match.

I have that set on mine. They work well but with all the caveats already mentioned about daylight use. I have a problem with the base of the grip wanting to print but I'm also pretty sure that's mostly a holster issue for me. The activation on them is well thought out and I've had great service out of them. They also seem to handle recoil well but that's probably more of a person to person kind of thing.
    I also have their 405 model for my J frame and I couldn't imagine not having it on there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post

I have that set on mine. They work well but with all the caveats already mentioned about daylight use. I have a problem with the base of the grip wanting to print but I'm also pretty sure that's mostly a holster issue for me. The activation on them is well thought out and I've had great service out of them. They also seem to handle recoil well but that's probably more of a person to person kind of thing.
    I also have their 405 model for my J frame and I couldn't imagine not having it on there now.

How are they with speedloaders?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

405 on my 442.
    105 on my 638.

They enhance my ability to hit a great deal vs. the little J sights.
    Very good for lower light situations. Not so much in bright sun.

I like both 405 and 105. Can't pick a favorite.

Also make shooting from compromised positions (unaimed) much better.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I have a set (forget the model number) on my Model 10 that serves "emergency nighttime gun" duty. I have a set of 105's on my 442, but they are not exactly shooter-friendly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Ordered the 303's. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I've only used speed strips with mine but I don't think they'll get in the way of speed loaders. I wish there was a way to install those Wiley Clapp sights on mine, they look pretty slick.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I've only used speed strips with mine but I don't think they'll get in the way of speed loaders. I wish there was a way to install those Wiley Clapp sights on mine, they look pretty slick.

Gemini Customs has a gold head front sight.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

You're right but that would only get me halfway there, that Novak sight at the rear is what I really like the looks of. My SP is my wife's favorite and when I recently got my GP100 I thought she might take more of a shine to it but even though it has a way better trigger, (has had some work done on it), she still sticks by the SP. I think that laser has something to do with it. I've gotten her to practice without it on and she just shoots it well and enjoys it so its on her side of the bed and I have the GP on mine.

Buy the WC SP101. They are amazing.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List