Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Laser Grips - Who's using them?

Question Revolver Laser Grips - Who's using them?

Trying hard to resist picking up a set of Crimson Trace LG303's for my WC SP101. Interested in input for other users.

Thanks

Hizzie
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately Crimson Trace does not currently make laser grips for most of the revolvers I own. I have four different Crimson Trace lasers on semiautos. I find that the red laser is completely useless outside during the day, but quite helpful indoors at any time, or outdoors in low light, pr very close to sunrise and sunset. Expressed differently, the laser grips are generally the most useful in the conditions wherein you are most likely to need the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I have a 405 on my M&P340 and another on my 642. Great at taking the sting out while still having a small enough profile for pocket carry.
    Adam

CT 105's on my M&P 340. Don't carry it much now though since getting my G43 (which also has a laser in the form of a TLR-6).

I've got 405's on my 637. Due to some hand issues, I have issues with the recoil on the J frame but the combination of the 405's and WC's work well enough for me.

Aloha

I've used CT laser grips for a long time, and have LG-205s, LG-105s, LG-350s & LG-405s on various S&W J-frames, all of them in red, not green lasers. (I still don't know how I accumulated so many J-frames.)

The best of the lot IME are the LG-405s, for sake of their combination of slimness (CCW), cushioning at the backstrap and reliability of laser activation.

The LG-411 for the SP101 is pretty much the Ruger equivalent, but the LG-303 is much the same except for the longer grip.

AFAIC, the CT laser grips' biggest single advantage is in not having to rely on the stock fixed revolver sights of J-frames, though with the SP101, you have the advantage of being able to easily change the front sight, so I have Marc Morganti's "Small Wonder" sights on mine in preference to using CT laser grips, with an excellent sight picture.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

My WC (Wiley Clapp) SP101 already had a brass bead front and Novak rear. It appears the 411 fits the LCR, not the SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have a pair of CT on my 442. Not a fan of the laser itself, but I like it to take the recoil up. I'll keep them on until I find a set of wood or VZ grips I like then sell them or trade them.

If they could replicate the boot grips that came w Js before the current ones, i'd use them for sure. No for now, tho.

I have them on my 642's, but use a small synthetic grip with a boot grip profile on the other J-frames.

User Tag List