Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Laser Grips - Who's using them?

I've had LG405s on one of my J-Frames since September 2016. No issues from my end, to include 100 rounds of Gold Dot 135gr+P and somewhere around 1K mixed factory loads and reloads.

I will say that I'm not enamored with the shape and size of the grips. I'd really prefer them to be a bit wider/have more of a palm swell, and they seem to be more of a straight grip than, say, the Uncle Mike's Speigel clones. Don't get me wrong: I can make them work, and do because I really like the capability they provide, but they could be a bit better shaped. I don't perceive any reduction in recoil/increase in shootability due to the rubber air gap thing on the backstrap.
    Last edited by ssb; 02-16-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Have CT405s on two 442 NL J Frames. Used as BUGS and walking the dog guns, but wouldn't want to carry them w/o the CT grips.

Site Supporter
    I also have 405's on my 442. I use them as night sights in low light.

Site Supporter
    One set of 405s on my shoot-often (for me at least) J frames started to separate at the connection of the rubber pocket to the plastic side panel. This was after about 6 months or so of ~50rnds/week. I sent them back and they replaced the grips.
    So my plan with my current set it to make sure I shoot the gun enough so if it fails it does so within the 3 year warranty period so they can be replaced. An upside to that is more practice on a hard to shoot gun.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    My WC (Wiley Clapp) SP101 already had a brass bead front and Novak rear. It appears the 411 fits the LCR, not the SP.
    LG-111:
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/products...rgrips/01-1880

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post

I have that set on mine. They work well but with all the caveats already mentioned about daylight use. I have a problem with the base of the grip wanting to print but I'm also pretty sure that's mostly a holster issue for me. The activation on them is well thought out and I've had great service out of them. They also seem to handle recoil well but that's probably more of a person to person kind of thing.
    I also have their 405 model for my J frame and I couldn't imagine not having it on there now.
    That unit mates nicely with the 3" version.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

My 303's showed up. After the little one goes to bed I'll install.

http://instagram.com/p/BQyYg-ED2s3/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Kind of gripes my gizzard that CT had grips for both the Kimber K-6 and the first iteration of the Remington R51 before they hit the streets (many months, in the case of the K-6), but as for the Colt Cobra-- crickets. Especially considering that there are a bunch of short-grip Detective Specials, Cobras and Agents out there that could use them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My 442 wears 105s. Don't really carry it outside the house that much, but it's great to throw in my pajama pants pockets when I am studying from home or otherwise desperately trying to avoid compromising my comfort.

So got them installed. Pics tomorrow. Initial impressions:

Lighter than the Pachmayr Compacs they replaced
    Better speedloader clearance than the Pachmayrs
    Good angle on the grip
    Comfy in hand
    Fast, consistent activation of laser
    I already appreciate the teaching tool these can provide
    *dry firing in the house I found the laser dot distracted me from sights - I have zero prior laser exp
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I know when I first got mine I did a lot of dry fire at a switch plate on the wall. The dot really helped me see what my trigger pull was doing to the gun. When my wife first started dry firing she was having a hard time keeping the dot on the plate through the entire pull and it helped me to explain what was happening to her.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

User Tag List