Thread: Federal Ammunition supports families of fallen officers with special edition ammo

Site Supporter

Federal Ammunition supports families of fallen officers with special edition ammo

Ammo maker supports families of fallen officers with special edition ammo

Federal Premium is giving back to those in blue by offering a special edition line of handgun ammunition to benefit Concerns of Police Survivors.

Packaged in a limited edition blue box, the full metal jackets will be available in three calibers — 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. A portion of the proceeds will go to C.O.P.S. The non-profit, founded in 1984, aids families of fallen police officers by offering a variety of services to include counseling, scholarship programs and special events.
    http://www.guns.com/2017/02/09/ammo-...-edition-ammo/

Name:  IMG_1113.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  43.0 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 02-14-2017 at 12:49 AM.

It would be really great if this set an industry trend.

Think I'd just rather cut a check to C.O.P.S. directly. $18 for a 50 box of FMJ 9mm is pretty steep. Unless Federal is going to actually take $8 of that and send it to C.O.P.S.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Think I'd just rather cut a check to C.O.P.S. directly. $18 for a 50 box of FMJ 9mm is pretty steep. Unless Federal is going to actually take $8 of that and send it to C.O.P.S.
    Yeah; savvy folks like the P-F community, sure. I'm thinking of the buys boxes of ammo at their local sporting goods store public.

Vending Machine Operator
    One of my little oddities is that I read a really disturbing article about an officer being murdered at a gas pump with Aguila FMJ and I just can't bring myself to buy Aguila anymore because I see my brother in that article. Very dumb. Not Aguila's fault.

I would enjoy if donating a buck to police causes was an option for a number of ammo brands, or if it was an option when buying at the register the same way you can donate a buck to the local food bank. Never gonna happen in the current anti-cop atmosphere, but it's a good thought.

Good on Federal.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

has anyone asked Federal how much of the cost of a box goes to C.O.P.S.? I don't doubt they are donating, but as the phrase goes: Trust, but Verify.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List