Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Crooked Michael - "Flynn communicated with Russian officials about sanctions..."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think so, with regards to the deal over his son.
    Yep. That really smacks of coercion. Probably happens all the time but it shouldn't. To me it's a bit like a mob shaking down a business owner for "protection" or maybe even blackmail.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I think so, with regards to the deal over his son.
    I'd need to know more of the facts. What he was told, what he wasn't. His attorney is not allowed to make a deal on his behalf without his knowledge.
    (His son, of course, would require his own separate counsel.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dro...l-memo-release

The Justice Department on Thursday moved to drop its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, in a stunning development that comes after internal memos were released raising serious questions about the nature of the investigation that led to Flynn’s late 2017 guilty plea of lying to the FBI.

The announcement came in a court filing, with the department saying it is dropping the case "after a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information." The DOJ said it had concluded that Flynn's interview by the FBI was "untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn" and that the interview was "conducted without any legitimate investigative basis."
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd need to know more of the facts. What he was told, what he wasn't. His attorney is not allowed to make a deal on his behalf without his knowledge.
    (His son, of course, would require his own separate counsel.)
    The prosecution withheld Brady evidence and his lawyers cut a crooked deal. Blues, as former federal LE, you should find the article interesting and it’s not sourced from a right wing website, rather the opposite.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...tements-207025

Flynn's current defense team lashed out at Van Grack on Friday, accusing him of threatening Flynn's son, Michael Flynn Jr., with prosecution, then cutting an off-the-record deal to go easy on the son if the elder Flynn pleaded guilty. (The younger Flynn was never charged.)

"Mr. Flynn’s counsel has found further evidence of misconduct by Mr. Van Grack specifically," Powell wrote. "The government’s misconduct in this case is beyond shocking and reprehensible."

Powell filed with the court Friday heavily redacted internal emails from Covington lawyers Robert Kelner and Stephen Anthony about the possible impact of a Flynn plea on his son.

"We have a lawyers' unofficial understanding that they are unlikely to charge Junior in light of the Cooperation Agreement," Kelner wrote in a March 2018 message to Anthony. A little over a week later, Anthony sent an email to Kelner and others saying prosecutors did not want to make an explicit pledge not to prosecute Flynn's son because it could undermine the father's testimony if he later took the stand for the government.

"The government took pains not to give a promise to MTF regarding Michael Jr., so as to limit how much of a 'benefit' it would have to disclose ... to any defendant against whom MTF may one day testify," Anthony wrote.
    #RESIST

The prosecution withheld Brady evidence and his lawyers cut a crooked deal. Blues, as former federal LE, you should find the article interesting and it’s not sourced from a right wing website, rather the opposite.

Thanks, LL. It's sad to see this type of behavior at Justice, but I've seen similar before.

On an international narcotics matter I was investigating, I convinced someone I suspected of serious involvement to cooperate with my investigation for which I would make the cooperation known to the U.S. Attorney's Office...which I did. I had their assurance that this would be taken into account.

His cooperation led to several arrests and seizures...and ultimately successful prosecutions.

Then, without informing me of their intent, the AUSA on the case used me before the grand jury to indict the individual despite my arguments against the indictment. Firstly for his cooperation, and secondly because I was not certain beyond a reasonable doubt of his guilt, and I was the case agent.

Well, fast forward to pre-trial motions before a judge who knew me fairly well back in those years.

When I was on the stand giving testimony the judge paused and turned to me saying that he sensed that something was troubling me about the proceeding.

I told the judge that I felt the U.S. Attorney's Office had acted in bad faith by using me to indict an individual whose guilt I had not yet determined to my satisfaction. (I had never lost a case at trial.) I further told the judge that if I couldn't be certain of the guilt of the defendant, how could we expect jurors who would know much less than I did, to determine his guilt or innocence. I let the judge know that if evidence of his guilt could be unearthed, I would certainly not hesitate to arrest him and drag him before the court.

The judge agreed with me, admonished the U.S. Attorney's Office and had the indictment quashed. While I ruffled some feathers that day, I was able to look myself in the mirror.

So, I understand, @LittleLebowski. It's not always fair weather in the judicial system. But with effort we have an opportunity to right some of those issues.

Much respect @blues

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Much respect @blues
    Thank you. That means more than you know.

Not the first time. Seems I remember something about a guy named Randy Weaver being baited and coerced by the ATF.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks, LL. It's sad to see this type of behavior at Justice, but I've seen similar before.

On an international narcotics matter I was investigating, I convinced someone I suspected of serious involvement to cooperate with my investigation for which I would make the cooperation known to the U.S. Attorney's Office...which I did. I had their assurance that this would be taken into account.

His cooperation led to several arrests and seizures...and ultimately successful prosecutions.

Then, without informing me of their intent, the AUSA on the case used me before the grand jury to indict the individual despite my arguments against the indictment. Firstly for his cooperation, and secondly because I was not certain beyond a reasonable doubt of his guilt, and I was the case agent.

Well, fast forward to pre-trial motions before a judge who knew me fairly well back in those years.

When I was on the stand giving testimony the judge paused and turned to me saying that he sensed that something was troubling me about the proceeding.

I told the judge that I felt the U.S. Attorney's Office had acted in bad faith by using me to indict an individual whose guilt I had not yet determined to my satisfaction. (I had never lost a case at trial.) I further told the judge that if I couldn't be certain of the guilt of the defendant, how could we expect jurors who would know much less than I did, to determine his guilt or innocence. I let the judge know that if evidence of his guilt could be unearthed, I would certainly not hesitate to arrest him and drag him before the court.

The judge agreed with me, admonished the U.S. Attorney's Office and had the indictment quashed. While I ruffled some feathers that day, I was able to look myself in the mirror.

So, I understand, @LittleLebowski. It's not always fair weather in the judicial system. But with effort we have an opportunity to right some of those issues.
    So, you did the right thing?
    Am I supposed to be shocked?
    Sorry, that is exactly what I would expect of you.
    You've shown time and time again that you are a man of integrity and honor. You've actually made it the new normal.
    If I ever needed to be hooked up by the Fed's you're the one of the few I would want doing it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So, you did the right thing?
    Am I supposed to be shocked?
    Sorry, that is exactly what I would expect of you.
    You've shown time and time again that you are a man of integrity and honor. You've actually made it the new normal.
    If I ever needed to be hooked up by the Fed's you're the one of the few I would want doing it.
    You had me at hello...

Thanks, W. (I wish I could live up to that praise.)

(You just want to be hooked up by me because I'm retired and you'd argue false arrest. )

User Tag List