Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Crooked Michael - "Flynn communicated with Russian officials about sanctions..."

• Ruby Ridge
    • Waco
    • Boston Mob/Whitey Bulger
    • Robert Hanssen
    • Richard Jewell
    • FISA Abuse
    • The Flynn Case
    • Mueller Report

What local agency could compile this list and not be subject to a DOJ consent decree? It's time to disband the FBI and start over for the security of the Republic. None of these decisions were made in tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving situations where street cops usually screw up. These decisions were made from swivel chairs, in meeting rooms, after consulting attorneys and they still made the wrong call.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    • Ruby Ridge
    • Waco
    • Boston Mob/Whitey Bulger
    • Robert Hanssen
    • Richard Jewell
    • FISA Abuse
    • The Flynn Case
    • Mueller Report

What local agency could compile this list and not be subject to a DOJ consent decree? It's time to disband the FBI and start over for the security of the Republic. None of these decisions were made in tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving situations where street cops usually screw up. These decisions were made from swivel chairs, in meeting rooms, after consulting attorneys and they still made the wrong call.
    You would have to replace it with a new agency though.

Michael Flynn asks appeals court to intervene against judge halting DOJ dismissal

The lawyers for retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn asked an appeals court on Tuesday to intervene against the lower court judge who delayed the Justice Department’s effort to dismiss its criminal case against the former Trump national security adviser.

Sidney Powell, a former federal prosecutor who took over representation for Flynn last summer, filed a 44-page emergency petition for a writ of mandamus and a 93-page appendix, asking the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to tell Judge Emmet Sullivan to correct his decision to halt the DOJ motion to dismiss and to remove the judge from the case entirely.

“This petition seeks an order directing the district court to grant the Justice Department’s Motion to Dismiss its criminal case against former National Security Advisor to President Trump, Lieutenant General Michael T. Flynn (Ret.),” Flynn's lawyers said. “The Government moved to dismiss the Information charging a violation of 18 U.S.C. §1001 after an internal review by United States Attorney Jeffrey Jensen unearthed stunning evidence of government misconduct and General Flynn’s innocence.”

“Petitioner respectfully requests that this Court order the district court immediately to (1) grant the Justice Department’s Motion to Dismiss; (2) vacate its order appointing amicus curiae; and (3) reassign the case to another district judge as to any further proceedings," the filing read.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You would have to replace it with a new agency though.
    Why a new one instead of all the ones we already have?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    And now the transcripts have been released of the call with Kislyak...and there's absolutely nothing in them.

None of this was a mistake.

It was all corruption. All of it. Just one big bucket of lies in an attempt to weaponize national security tools and the DOJ for political ends.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    And now the transcripts have been released of the call with Kislyak...and there's absolutely nothing in them.

None of this was a mistake.

It was all corruption. All of it. Just one big bucket of lies in an attempt to weaponize national security tools and the DOJ for political ends.
    You must have read a different transcript. This one clearly shows he discussed the Russian sanctions, which he then lied to the FBI about. It doesn't have, like, "the snows are deep in Stalingrad, comrade", in it, but it shows he did the thing he pled guilty to, and apparently didn't tell Pence about.

It would not have been a crime if he didn't lie to the FBI about it for sure, although it would have looked like he wanted to roll back Russian sanctions during investigation into them interfering in the election. I presume he didn't like that look, so lied.

Edit: I've now read the whole thing. I think this was released to burn Flynn. I don't understand why they released it otherwise. Flynn told the FBI he didn't even know about the sanctions at the time of the call, but here he is, discussing them in a backchannel. I have to really be honest, @TCinVA, I'm not trying to pick a fight but I don't think you read them if you think this clears him. It burns him. Whoever released this in the Trump admin wants to make sure people know he did it. My $10 is that it was Pence.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 05-29-2020 at 09:00 PM.

He did discuss sanctions (a little). Was that conversation inappropriate in any way?

If not, why was he being interviewed by the FBI about it after being unmasked by the previous administration BEFORE that conversation.

If so, why was he not charged related to the contents of the call and his job.

He did the thing. He lied about the thing. I’m still not convinced the thing was wrong in the first place or that the lie wasn’t a setup by an obviously corrupt and agenda-based investigation.

This doesn’t absolve Mr. Flynn but it certainly bolsters the contention that there is a large contingent of the federal government that purposely fought to subvert the lawfully elected president and his administration.

I’m at a loss as to how people can be more concerned with a lie about nothing compared to an attempted administrative sabotage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    You must have read a different transcript. This one clearly shows he discussed the Russian sanctions, which he then lied to the FBI about. It doesn't have, like, "the snows are deep in Stalingrad, comrade", in it, but it shows he did the thing he pled guilty to, and apparently didn't tell Pence about.

It would not have been a crime if he didn't lie to the FBI about it for sure, although it would have looked like he wanted to roll back Russian sanctions during investigation into them interfering in the election. I presume he didn't like that look, so lied.

Edit: I've now read the whole thing. I think this was released to burn Flynn. I don't understand why they released it otherwise. Flynn told the FBI he didn't even know about the sanctions at the time of the call, but here he is, discussing them in a backchannel. I have to really be honest, @TCinVA, I'm not trying to pick a fight but I don't think you read them if you think this clears him. It burns him. Whoever released this in the Trump admin wants to make sure people know he did it. My $10 is that it was Pence.
    We perceive things differently.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    He did discuss sanctions (a little). Was that conversation inappropriate in any way?

If not, why was he being interviewed by the FBI about it after being unmasked by the previous administration BEFORE that conversation.

If so, why was he not charged related to the contents of the call and his job.

He did the thing. He lied about the thing. I’m still not convinced the thing was wrong in the first place or that the lie wasn’t a setup by an obviously corrupt and agenda-based investigation.

This doesn’t absolve Mr. Flynn but it certainly bolsters the contention that there is a large contingent of the federal government that purposely fought to subvert the lawfully elected president and his administration.

I’m at a loss as to how people can be more concerned with a lie about nothing compared to an attempted administrative sabotage.
    They need to swear in enough FBI agents to be present at all political speeches, etc., since there is no requirement to tell anyone that it's an official interview for possible criminal activity -- they can simply "send a couple guys over" -- so that they may be arrested for 'lying to the FBI'... This seems a crock of shit from every viewing angle.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    TheRoland: How do you know he lied? Where is the proof?

The FBI is probably the only police agency in the US that doesn't video/audio record interviews. They put the interviewer's recollection of the interview in a 302 report.
    Where is the original 302 report? What is in the original 302?
    The FBI claims it is lost. How did it get lost?
    We know the modified 302 has changed by several different people, including people outside the FBI.
    We also know that based on the original interview originally the FBI did not want to charge Flynn.
    We know that he plead guilty to the process crime without ever seeing the original 302.

So, where is the proof?

User Tag List