Thread: What width rear notch for .120 T-CAP Front sight on Glock 26???

What width rear notch for .120 T-CAP Front sight on Glock 26???

Im picking up a Glock 26 and want to go with the Orange T-CAP (.120") front sight and want a tritium rear that will work good with the thinner .120" T-CAP. They have their "Operator Pro" tritium rear with a .180" notch or their standard "Operator" rear with a .150" notch.

Is the .180" notch on the rear of the Operator Pro too WIDE, or will it work on the G26? I may be way off here but Im thinking the shorter sight radius of the G26 might make the .120" T-CAP front not appear as thin in relation to the rear notch as if it were mounted on a G17 due to it being closer to the eye?
    Last edited by NickDrak; 02-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Im picking up a Glock 26 and want to go with the Orange T-CAP (.120") front sight and want a tritium rear that will work good with the thinner .120" T-CAP. They have their "Operator Pro" tritium rear with a .180" notch or their standard "Operator" rear with a .150" notch.

Is the .180" notch on the rear of the Operator Pro too WIDE, or will it work on the G26? I may be way off here but Im thinking the shorter sight radius of the G26 might make the .120" T-CAP front not appear as thin in relation to the rear notch as if it were mounted on a G17 due to it being closer to the eye?
    I have a 150 rear paired with my TCAP front on a Glock 43. Feels about right. My 19 had a 125 front/150 rear and my competition gun has a 115 front / 130 rear.

I think 180 would be way too wide, but it's personal preference.

Site Supporter
    I use TCAP's on all of my Glock's, I think .180" would be too wide.

If you're under 80 years old I'd think .180 is a bit big.

Think I have .155 all black serrated.. I think

My thoughts were: 150:115 worked for me so this must too.. and it has. I'll post some pics semi-soon.

Mine has the classic operator rear at .155 w the TCAP, and I think .160 would be perfect for me. This is on a G17 slide.

I'm honestly interested in trying the .180 rear with it to find out if I'd like it.

I have a TCAP and Pro Operators on a 19 right now and although I love the shape of the Pro Operators, they're definitely too wide for that FS. I bet you could fit two TCAPS in that sight picture based on the size of the light bars.

User Tag List