Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler T-Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    The biggest reason that folks want Tyler T grips (or any grip with a front strap component) is that by filling the sinus of the grip frame, you no longer experience the, "roll," of the recoil cycle, which forces the grip frame of the gun to cam down into the hand, and (like Stephanie intimated above) you end up getting your middle finger smashed or abraded. Changing the recoil cycle means you can shoot faster.
    Nicely played, Doc, with the "sinus" description. And here I thought you'd have used "cavity".

ETA: No lie, while I was typing the reply above I received a robo-call from my dentist's office confirming our appointment for our semi-annual checkup next week. Strange.
    Last edited by blues; 02-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nicely played, Doc, with the "sinus" description. And here I thought you'd have used "cavity".

ETA: No lie, while I was typing the reply above I received a robo-call from my dentist's office confirming our appointment for our semi-annual checkup next week. Strange.
    Ha! Illuminati confirmed.

I work in sinuses just about as much as I work in cavities. Plus sinuses are a space, and cavities are a hole, generally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Illuminati confirmed.

I work in sinuses just about as much as I work in cavities. Plus sinuses are a space, and cavities are a hole, generally!

Just because I refuse to go down without a fight...

si·nus
    ˈsīnəs/Submit
    noun
    ANATOMYZOOLOGY
    a cavity within a bone or other tissue, especially one in the bones of the face or skull connecting with the nasal cavities.
    PHYSIOLOGY
    relating to or denoting the sinoatrial node of the heart or its function as a pacemaker.
    "sinus rhythm"
    That said, I concede and do not pretend on any level to have any sort of expertise. (Though I can still do the cranial nerves...On old Olympus' terrestrial tops, a Finn and German viewed some hops. Maybe it's a beer thing. )
    Last edited by blues; 02-17-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo

Just because I refuse to go down without a fight...

That said, I concede and do not pretend on any level to have any sort of expertise. (Though I can still do the cranial nerves...On old Olympus' terrestrial tops, a Finn and German viewed some hops. Maybe it's a beer thing. )
    In terms of dentistry! I concede to your google-fu!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I once knew a med student who was trying to compile 144 mnemonics for anatomy. He was going to call it "A Gross of Gross". I don't know if he ever completed the work.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I once knew a med student who was trying to compile 144 mnemonics for anatomy. He was going to call it "A Gross of Gross". I don't know if he ever completed the work.
    I still have nightmares from gross anatomy. Singular devotion to that level of study leaves some scar tissue on the soul, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I still have nightmares from gross anatomy. Singular devotion to that level of study leaves some scar tissue on the soul, no doubt.

There once was a spleen from Nantucket...

Site Supporter

When my wife was in pharmacy school in the late '70s, anatomy was one of the courses used to "wash out" the underperforming pre dental, pre med, and pre pharmacy students. She still remembers the hellish exams she took....
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.

I passed on a Smith 32-20 because the T-Grip in another case didn't fit the gun. Kind of a bizarre reason, but here's my thinking on it. The revolver would have been an impulse item, but was a $100+ over my impulse limit. However, in the parts case, they had a lowly T-Grip that had been there for years. I figured if the grip fit, I could talk them into adding to the gun for free. It didn't, so I passed.

Tyler T-Grips

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    When my wife was in pharmacy school in the late '70s, anatomy was one of the courses used to "wash out" the underperforming pre dental, pre med, and pre pharmacy students. She still remembers the hellish exams she took....
    In undergrad, that was organic chemistry, biology or physics. There were 450 pre-health science students in my class...12 graduated. 8 went on to become Doctors.

Anatomy was in dental school, and we lost 8 people because of it.

Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 02-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.

User Tag List