Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler T-Grips

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Tyler T-Grips

Current turnaround time for Tyler T-Grips seems to be about two weeks.

I like BK grips, they are certainly more convenient to order. But for the M1905-4th Change that I bought last year, only the Tyler grip adapter would look right.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    If I can find a pair of reasonably priced not beat to hell PC Magnas for a K frame square butt, I will order a polished stainless colored T-Grip for my recently acquired M64-1 that has beat to hell Goodyears on it. Glad to hear that their turnaround time has greatly improved. There was a considerable amount of bitching on the S&W forum about Tyler's glacially slow delivery times a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Glad to hear that their turnaround time has greatly improved. There was a considerable amount of bitching on the S&W forum about Tyler's glacially slow delivery times a couple of years ago.
    I know. That's why I have BK grips on two Model 10s and a Model 15.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

True, think mine were delivered to FL in like 10 days. Wanted to put together a Werner special!

Site Supporter
    GunBroker and eBay usually have Tyler T's. In such instances it's usually about $10-20 more than getting it direct, but at least it won't take forever to get.

Check Numrich. Sometimes they have Pachmayr versions for some revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Current turnaround time for Tyler T-Grips seems to be about two weeks.

I like BK grips, they are certainly more convenient to order. But for the M1905-4th Change that I bought last year, only the Tyler grip adapter would look right.
    Stephanie: I've been shooting revolvers for . . . well a pretty long time. I've heard about Tyler's for about the same length of time but have never tried them or even understood their purpose. I should have asked someone about them decades ago but never got around to it. Might you be able to outline their advantages in your eyes? Thanks.

Site Supporter

Tyler T-Grips

They are 1) aesthetically pleasing (to some); 2) provides more grip surface area for better comfort and theoretically better control, especially for people with bigger hands; 3) they are a relatively inexpensive way of accomplishing no. 2; and finally, 4) they are aesthetically pleasing (to some).
    Last edited by nalesq; 02-17-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Stephanie: I've been shooting revolvers for . . . well a pretty long time. I've heard about Tyler's for about the same length of time but have never tried them or even understood their purpose. I should have asked someone about them decades ago but never got around to it. Might you be able to outline their advantages in your eyes? Thanks.
    Basically, what nalesq said. My middle finger tends to get beat a bit by recoil without one.

The biggest reason that folks want Tyler T grips (or any grip with a front strap component) is that by filling the sinus of the grip frame, you no longer experience the, "roll," of the recoil cycle, which forces the grip frame of the gun to cam down into the hand, and (like Stephanie intimated above) you end up getting your middle finger smashed or abraded. Changing the recoil cycle means you can shoot faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List