Thread: Some help with my new glock 19

Some help with my new glock 19

Hey guys just got a new glock 19 rtf2 g19. Already have a gadget and new sights in route.

looking for help on the following:

1) AIWB holster that will work with a surefire xc1 (will DSG or JMCK make winged holster for it? I generally prefer wings over wedges)
    2) I want a low profile magwell. Not because I am worried about reloads but more because I want just a little bit more front strap for my pinky to grab on to.

Any help appreciated?

Amurr

DSG has done WML holsters on a fully custom basis. Can't say if Tom has XC1s or not, or what his wait on non-production stuff is right now. The last version I saw was a wedge-style though.

JMCK has been working on different light bearing versions recently, and I know SLG has been giving input on a design. Sounds promising to me.

Best thing to do is drop them both an email and see what they are open to doing.

As to the magwell; the Raven Freya and the Agency models are both pretty good for what you want. I think there may also be another one that looked promising but can't remember if it was by Salient or someone else. There was a thread on Glock magwells a couple months back that has a bunch of info.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    DSG has done WML holsters on a fully custom basis. Can't say if Tom has XC1s or not, or what his wait on non-production stuff is right now. The last version I saw was a wedge-style though.

JMCK has been working on different light bearing versions recently, and I know SLG has been giving input on a design. Sounds promising to me.

Best thing to do is drop them both an email and see what they are open to doing.
    Didn't know that Tom (DSG) was doing WML holsters. (Not that he couldn't or wouldn't, just never saw mention of it on the site or in discussion here.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Some help with my new glock 19

I've been working on an X300U based aiwb for a while. The wings and claws on most WML aiwb holsters will break the shell. What I have should work but design elements have shown up elsewhere and I need to resolve whether or not I'm gonna roll with my design anyway or play nice.

The XC1 is just a light that since SF hasn't designed to be actually used I've not adopted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by orionz06; 02-14-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've been working on an X300U based aiwb for a while. The wings and claws on most WML aiwb holsters will break the shell. What I have should work but design elements have shown up elsewhere and I need to resolve whether or not I'm gonna roll with my design anyway or play nice. The XC1 is just a light that since SF hasn't designed to be actually used I've not adopted yet.
    Based upon your posts in a recent thread I've no doubt you'll find the equitable solution.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

The XC1 is just a light that since SF hasn't designed to be actually used I've not adopted yet.
    I thought this was the case, but didn't want to say for sure. I'm of similar opinion.

I'm reasonably pleased with the Zev low profile magwell. Contemplating grinding on the strong side a bit to reduce printing though.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Some info back:

1) RE the magwell: seems like the best choices were the agency Arms, the zev pro, and the raven Frieda. Went with the agency. They all looked pretty similar. I did not love the large screw on the back of the zev pro

2) RE the xc1: I understand that it's not ideal but I am somewhat fond of it. It's a compromise for sure. But given the choice of no light (because I just can't carry a light that extends as it digs into me when carrying AIWB) or the xc1 I prefer it. It's compact, it's takes a AAA instead of a cr2 which can be harder to find and more expensive and I already use AAA in my standard rotation. I also recognize I am not some high speed low drag guy, so it's tactical deficiencies are ok with me. Bottom line if I wake up in the middle of the night I'd rather have the option to turn it on and identify a target then not have the option and other than the initial cost, it's size make it have very little negatives on the other side of the compromise scale.

3) holster choices: being tall, lean and skinny I prefer a wing to a wedge for AIWB carry. These are the only holsters I have found that will fit a glock, with an XC1 and have a wing. I really wanted to try a DSG and he responded to my inquiry quickly that it's not in his plans right now.

1) JMCK wing claw 1. Note that it is not supportive of a WML in version 2 of 2.5. I have a version 2 for my Walther PPS and like it very much
    2) TREX arms Raptor
    3) 508 holsters
    4) tier 1 concealed- XIPHOS
    5) tuctite
    6) veil solutions Mantis

At this point I will be ordering the JMKC anyone have any experience with the others? I might order a second to play with also

Sorry for typos, did this on my iPhone
    Last edited by Amurr; 02-16-2017 at 09:17 AM.

I'll always tell ya to support the forum guys like JM first but these guys have a claw that is worth looking into.

http://guncraftusa.com/shop/
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List