Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cannot loosen set screws on BCM gas block

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    You can try these. I know some people that use them.
    http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod68371.aspx

As for switching to an adjustable gas block, just did that on my .260 and had the same issue with one of the two set screws. But fortunately I have a mill.
    Edit: never mind, posted too fast.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 05-25-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Really check the gas key and gas tube alignment and feel.
    FYI, followed my own advice, and it worked great, hammered the shit out of that rifle suppressed today whilst tuning my new adjustable gas block. Nothing to it.
    #RESIST

Which adjustable did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Which adjustable did you go with?
    The Superlative Arms bleed off one. It's my first adjustable gas block, all I know is that it fixed my BCM 11.5" SBR's malfunctioning with my SIG SRD 556 Ti can.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Superlative Arms bleed off one. It's my first adjustable gas block, all I know is that it fixed my BCM 11.5" SBR's malfunctioning with my SIG SRD 556 Ti can.
    After running it hard and without issues, using M855, Tula, and reloads:

#RESIST

I know this is an old post, however, I just want to share my experience. I have a BCM low profile gas block and I used Loctite red (#271) on the set screws and DID NOT pin the gas block to the barrel. That was 2 years ago and now I wanted to change the handguard, so I had to remove the gas block. The loctite label says to heat the threads to 500 degrees to remove. I used a Wagner heat gun on high for about 6 minutes until my gas block started to turn a gray/white color. The sets screws easily came right off. Originally, I tightened them to 25/inch lbs, and never had any gas leaks or cycling issues. I hope this helps somebody one day.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by CuradoKid View Post
    I know this is an old post, however, I just want to share my experience. I have a BCM low profile gas block and I used Loctite red (#271) on the set screws and DID NOT pin the gas block to the barrel. That was 2 years ago and now I wanted to change the handguard, so I had to remove the gas block. The loctite label says to heat the threads to 500 degrees to remove. I used a Wagner heat gun on high for about 6 minutes until my gas block started to turn a gray/white color. The sets screws easily came right off. Originally, I tightened them to 25/inch lbs, and never had any gas leaks or cycling issues. I hope this helps somebody one day.
    My experience also. Heat gun did the trick.

User Tag List