Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    How are the 5.11 pants typically cut? Relaxed, loose, trim, etc...
    A mix between loose and relaxed. The crotch gusset and articulated knees give a little bit of definition but generally it's a fairly comfortable cut.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    How are the 5.11 pants typically cut? Relaxed, loose, trim, etc...
    I've been wearing the standard cotton canvas version (original style) since they were Royal Robbins. Nice comfortable fit with an action waist (elastic at the sides) and very durable in my experience.

5.11 has 20% off on their site today along with free shipping so I just ordered an extra pair to have on hand when a pair of my original RR khakis eventually wears out.
    Last edited by blues; 06-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    A mix between loose and relaxed. The crotch gusset and articulated knees give a little bit of definition but generally it's a fairly comfortable cut.
    In that case I may have to try a pair of these.

Duluth all the way. I have quite a few of their Firehose pants & shorts. And I know exactly what is in each pocket (knife, money clip, car keys, cellphone, flashlight, etc) at any time because the same pockets are used every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Duluth all the way. I have quite a few of their Firehose pants & shorts. And I know exactly what is in each pocket (knife, money clip, car keys, cellphone, flashlight, etc) at any time because the same pockets are used every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have three pairs of firehose pants. One pair is perfect, the other two are too loose, all are the same size.

I had to return a pair of firehose dark brown pants because they pick up lint, hair and whatever else like it's their job. The other pants don't.

If I were to rate my current preference for pants...

#1 5.11 apex
    #2 royal Robbins traveler
    #3 5.11 stonecutter
    #4 Duluth firehose
    #5 relaxed wranglers
    #6 kuhl revolvr
    #7 very cargo pants - not really EDC pants but still nice
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have no personal experience with Duluth but have considered them in the past...but as far as knowing exactly what's in each pocket, I've been able to do that with all my pants from jeans to my 5.11 pants and shorts for more years than I can remember.

Probably most of us are in the habit of using the same pockets for the same objects on a daily basis. I'd be more surprised to hear otherwise.

One of the things I like about the Firehose pants, for me, is their heavy construction. Our homestead is out in farm country and I often do heavy work in them. Before, I kept wearing out lighter constructed cargo pants. That they're made with construction trades guys in mind is an advantage for me. I actually was introduced to them by a relative who is a construction contractor.- - Also, I no longer need to wear a suit for work. So, I can wear such pants most times during the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One of the things I like about the Firehose pants, for me, is their heavy construction. Our homestead is out in farm country and I often do heavy work in them. Before, I kept wearing out lighter constructed cargo pants. That they're made with construction trades guys in mind is an advantage for me. I actually was introduced to them by a relative who is a construction contractor.- - Also, I no longer need to wear a suit for work. So, I can wear such pants most times during the week.

You and me both, Sam. I live out in the country and wear my canvas 5.11's daily. (Whether pants or shorts depends on the day and the weather.)

I only wish I could wear 'em to a wedding this summer. (I hate to dress up.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You and me both, Sam. I live out in the country and wear my canvas 5.11's daily. (Whether pants or shorts depends on the day and the weather.)

I only wish I could wear 'em to a wedding this summer. (I hate to dress up.)
    I'll have to check out the 5.11s too. Sometimes the regular Firehose pants are a bit hot in the summer. They make a lighter weight version, but it uses some synthetic material and I prefer all cotton. (Heat & sweat factor). - - Its nice to find something that fits you right. One thing I hate is going to a store and trying out different clothes. I have no patience for that. - - On the other hand, I can spend hours in a sporting goods store checking out guns, reloading gear, or fishing tackle !

The heavy Firehose are my go-to winter pants. They're just too hot for Oklahoma summers. The Firehose flex get worn alot in the summer. I like them ok but all the Duluth are a little too baggy for my taste, being a pretty slim guy. The lightweight Kuhl's are extremely comfortable for summer wear and fit me the best. My wife bought me a pair of TAD'S, those are really nice too.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List