Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants

I know the OP didn't ask for jeans, but hear me out. I found some Levi's relaxed fit "stretch" jeans and they are life changing for the gun toting American. I've bought three pair and they are more comfortable than any other pants i've found. As an added plus, I have found jeans to blend in with the crowds better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How do regular pants not work for you?
    I'm wondering the same thing.

Choose "normal" pants -preferably ones that fit well, look good, and don't have excessive pockets- and then go up one inch for the waist.

ETA: It's cold here, so it's easy enough to wear some wool slacks (like these) and a black cardigan... and still carry a full size M&P, fixed blade, spare mag, and throw my quark in a pocket.
    Last edited by lightning fast; 02-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrawf1 View Post
    I know the OP didn't ask for jeans, but hear me out. I found some Levi's relaxed fit "stretch" jeans and they are life changing for the gun toting American. I've bought three pair and they are more comfortable than any other pants i've found. As an added plus, I have found jeans to blend in with the crowds better than others.
    I'm okay on jeans. I need more formal pants. And going up on a couple of sizes makes the overall appearance very baggy, especially the butt/crotch area. The Duluth middle management is actually perfect except for their belt loops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I mostly wear TAD and Eddie Bauer pants nowadays. TAD does their buttons more like toggles, and they are tough. I like that for some reason. I wear LAPG stuff at the restaurant because they are disposable to me.

I feel like a lady now that I have to buy jeans with fuckin spandex/Lycra in them; but since I started really lifting, no normal jeans that fit me right in the waist and ass will fit my thighs. (Clue: I have male genitalia) The Eddie Bauer stretch jeans are freaking great, and come w a lifetime guarantee like the Duluth.

I did not like the way the Duluth jeans I tried were cut, but I intend to try the Firehose pants at some point.

Lately I've been on a kick of Eddie Bauer Guide pants and Prana Stretch Zion. EB has sales regularly and just last week I bought a couple pair at around $30 each ($80 regular price). My only gripe with the EBs is the stitching in the back pockets comes unraveled and it drives me nuts. The Pranas are so far so good, but pricey. Both are very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Lately I've been on a kick of Eddie Bauer Guide pants and Prana Stretch Zion. EB has sales regularly and just last week I bought a couple pair at around $30 each ($80 regular price). My only gripe with the EBs is the stitching in the back pockets comes unraveled and it drives me nuts. The Pranas are so far so good, but pricey. Both are very comfortable.
    Definitely. I try to hit the big sale EB runs between Black Friday and Xmas every year.

I got a pair of the flexi sharkskin EB pants that I need to take in and exchange. The cut just isn't comparable to the other pants I have. It's always an adventure; some I need the tall cut, some I don't, and others I need to add 2 to the inseam cut because the tall cut would just look ridiculous but the regular needs a shoehorn for my junk. I do like that there are so many options for different sizes of people though.

I hadn't shopped Eddie Bauer in a while but visited their website today after skimming this thread. Lo and behold: today is the final day of a sale in which many items are offered at 40% off.

Get sum.

I really want to try a pair of the Prana stretch Zions. Anyone tell me what the waist and length fit is like? I know it's somewhat subjective but it drives me crazy when pants fit small in the waist.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I really want to try a pair of the Prana stretch Zions. Anyone tell me what the waist and length fit is like? I know it's somewhat subjective but it drives me crazy when pants fit small in the waist.
    I really like them but I buy a full size up due to my Teutonic frame and "squat thighs", which leaves them looser at the waist but easier in the seat and crotch. I'm also 6'5" if that is of any matter. I would say to buy up, unless you're built like Anton Krupicka. My $.02.

Krupicka -->

Name:  glenn-michigan.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  42.6 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I tried the Apex pants and they are very comfortable and definitely not too tactical looking. Not quite formal enough for a business meeting, though. I live the button which is seen in well and on a lanyard. No way that button pops off, which is my concern with the Magpul. Magpul is pretty sweet, too. Sounds like, though, the Eddie Bauer is the best value.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

User Tag List