Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've never had a problem with Levis...

I do have some of the Vertx casual pants (basically just slacks, no cargo pockets) that I like. Elastic waistband that is a little higher rise than most jeans. They're nice, but not necessary. belt and holster have always been more important IMO

Thanks for all the posts. I have never heard of the brands mentioned here, and I'm glad I asked. I went with: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...cessor=content Exactly what I'm looking for. Although, I also like the Vertx pants and some of the other Duluth options, too. Thanks again.

For the most part, I'm fine with my jeans. I'm just looking for something more formal, so I can go to a nice restaurant or in a more business setting, and carry - esp my double stack options. I appreciate all the input.

Levis makes some nice jeans now with so much spandex built into them to make them very flexable. I wear slim fit (not skinny) and I could do crossfit in them if I wanted too. Loosk the same as regular denim jeans.

As far as tactical pants go, I like 5.11s. The average joe cant tell the difference between cargo and tactical pants so I dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    As far as tactical pants go, I like 5.11s. The average joe cant tell the difference between cargo and tactical pants so I dont worry about it.
    Agreed. I like the Apex 5.11 and may order a pair. My wife, however, has a discerning and discriminating eye for tacticool pants.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Agreed. I like the Apex 5.11 and may order a pair. My wife, however, has a discerning and discriminating eye for tacticool pants.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    My wife likes my 5.11 pants and shorts. Go figure. (She, however is a bit more upscale and trendy. Whaddya want from a former model?)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I didn't pay for my pants that are my new favorites but I would buy some (full disclosure). Work bought me several pairs of the 5.11's new styke pant and I love them. They actually show off my no ass at all and have useful pockets etc.

I wear them off duty and blend fairly well for a six foot six bearded guy in a larue hat lol. In fact recently at my favorite coffee spot one of the employees stated I must have been undercover on a causal Friday as he didn't even spot or recognize me at first and I was wearing a button up short sleeve and the styke pants. (Friday I get to carry appendix and an un-tucked shirt instead of tucked in polo).

The pants have goof flex, proper length, the rear pockets don't give you diaper look like the traditional climbing pant cut (Royal Robbins made the first 5.11 pants its a climbing grade not tactical lol). I have some khaki color and the patriot brown ones, I want to buy some in tundra and some other colors. Breach bang clear did a good review on them - http://www.breachbangclear.com/women...-stryke-pants/

Don't forget about hiking pants, such as the outdoor research ferrosi or zana prion. They don't throw the tactical vibe and in my opinion are as durable if not more so than 5.11.

^^^^^ Yes my pants I bought are parna, khul, marmot, and are great. I just really like having cargo pockets because of the amount of crap I carry as far as gloves for medical stuff, evidence, tq, other medical stuff, keys, and only thing I put in my back pocket is a glasses cleaning cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    ^^^^^ Yes my pants I bought are parna, khul, marmot, and are great. I just really like having cargo pockets because of the amount of crap I carry as far as gloves for medical stuff, evidence, tq, other medical stuff, keys, and only thing I put in my back pocket is a glasses cleaning cloth.
    The outdoor research ferrosi has zipper pockets in the thigh fyi.

Site Supporter
    I too am a big fan of outdoor/hiking/climbing oriented pants and brands (Prana, Kuhl, First Ascent, Costco homages re the same etc.). I would caution that some of the cargo/slash pockets on these types of garments (and their zippers) do not hold up when filled with handfuls of ammunition over the course of a long training day. The weight can pull the zipper out of track. YMMV Greatly.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 02-14-2017 at 01:02 PM.

User Tag List