Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants

Concealed Carry Pants

I've been looking for a casual pants, not jeans, that allows for wear when not carrying but also has the waist flexibility for a single or double stack. I have a pair of Magpuls flex pants, which are nice, but the button is about to pop when I carry. The next size up is too big if I'm not carrying.

5.11 seems to tactical for me. Any brands people have come across that they like?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a number of cheap Sams slacks. Savane or something brand name. $16 a pair and they hold up OK. Elastic waistband accommodates a G19 comfortably. Also had good luck with LAPG brand pants. Again cheap although they did change their cut and the last batch are kind of nut huggy on me, but then I'm carrying an extra 20# easy.

I've been wearing these about 2 years, for everyday wear.

Really like them at the price point:

BC Clothing Men's Convertible Cargo Pant with Stretch, Relaxed Fit (M x 32, Khaki)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYB5UDW..._LQBOybF3992SK

How do regular pants not work for you?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I wear mostly jeans but regardless if I wear jeans or casual pants I have had good luck with Duluth Trading Post stuff. Their ballroom jeans diamond crotch gusset eliminates cut/binding in that area and is offered on other pants. Firehose or better yet stretch firehose material is near indestructible and very flexible. They wear like steel and come in regular style with no extra pockets or all kinds of extra pockets,loops etc.. They can be a bit pricier than others but the long wear and comfort still make it a value in my book.

5.11 apex pants are fantastic. If they look too tacticool for you, then you should get yourself some relax fit jeans.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm a big fan of Duluth's Flex stuff too. The added stretch of them makes them very comfortable to wear and doesn't restrict movement. I've also stumbled onto Urban Star jeans from Costco. They also have 2% spandex (same as Duluth Flex, IIRC), but cost only $15 a pair. No gussets like Duluth, but still plenty of stretch to allow comfortable movement.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Duluth's Flex stuff too. The added stretch of them makes them very comfortable to wear and doesn't restrict movement. I've also stumbled onto Urban Star jeans from Costco. They also have 2% spandex (same as Duluth Flex, IIRC), but cost only $15 a pair. No gussets like Duluth, but still plenty of stretch to allow comfortable movement.

I wear both of these options more than I would like to admit.

I have really come to like the Duluth Flex stuff. Lightweight and doesn't hinder mobility at all and depending on what you get also looks good at the office and the hasty meeting.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I've never had to worry about selecting sized-up or stretch-waist pants since I began carrying AIWB. Unless the pants are fundamentally too tight for me while NOT carrying, I have never had a size/fit issue while carrying.

That said, cotton pants which include a percentage of Lycra are probably a decent solution for those who require sizing up for IWB. But the best will be pants with stretch panels in the waist. My current favorite for the stretch-panel pants would be the LAPG Urban Recon pants---I remove the stitched-on LAPG logo from the right cargo pocket and they end up looking fairly generic and not 'tactical.' They are cotton and shrink a bit, so consider buying up a size in length and maybe even waist. They're very comfortable and very inexpensive, at only about $23 per pair.

User Tag List