Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appendix mag pouches

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    BT91

I have been running a Snake Eater Tactical Pouch as my primary AIWB pouch for about the last 3 months. Secure, fast and definitely low profile. 20.00 shipped with a 7 day wait max when I ordered. I had decent success with an Alabama Holster Co IWB pouch circa 2012 in Kydex but the Snake Eater one is far more comfortable given its hybrid nylon/elastic construction.

http://www.snakeeatertactical.com/pr...agazine-pouch/
    I saw that one also and it reminded me of the blue force gear pouches. How is it for putting a mag back in it? No a huge deal for ccw but I'm thinking training with it.

Last edited by blues; 02-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

First I want to thank everyone for the interest in our products, for the continued support, and for sharing your experiences and thoughts.
    The magazine carriers have undergone a slight re-design, the mounting attachment was changed which necessitated a redesign of the carrier itself. Currently the mag carriers come in two offerings but the selection will be expanded in the coming future.
    I wanted to share a link to our 2017 product release thread in the Supporting Business Section, where pics/info about our new products can be found; I just posted a few pictures of the new magazine carrier design there.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....oduct-Releases

These are what I have been using. Built by Dave Elderton of KyTac back in the mid to late 90's and still work pretty darn well. Essentially one piece of kydex.

The AIWB / IWB is on the left and OWB on the right. G19 magazine in each:

Name:  FullSizeRender (6) - Edited.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (5) - Edited.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (2) - Edited.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (1) - Edited.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  34.7 KB
    Last edited by blues; 02-12-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I thought we already had a thread on this?

Anyway, best one I've found is the safariland plastic universal iwb pouch...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/04/safaril...-flexible.html

Safariland also makes a cloth one that is OK but it's huge and isn't comfortable.

I also have tried a bianchi russett and that isn't bad either it's just leather and the mag's stick easily.

All the above should be run with a 21 rnd mag and bigger because anything less will make quick deployment very difficult.

I have ended up just carry back up. It's easier and more comfortable, not as fast but then again I'm not timing my reloads.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I find the mastermind or JM to be well worth the money if u haven't tried one. Also I am getting fine reload speeds with a stanadard oem glock 17 mag out of either.. We may of had a thread of this but since the mastermind is a relatively new pouch at an affordable price, I thought I would share my thoughts.

Also the straight drop on the pouch you linked would be a no go for me.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 02-12-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I find the mastermind or JM to be well worth the money if u haven't tried one. Also I am getting fine reload speeds with a stanadard oem glock 17 mag out of either.. We may of had a thread of this but since the mastermind is a relatively new pouch at an affordable price, I thought I would share my thoughts.

Also the straight drop on the pouch you linked would be a no go for me.
    The clip moves and allows a cant.

The sneak eater pouch looks like it would work well but even still, an owb pouch seems to be best carry method it seems for both comfort and speeds.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The PHLster Skeleton pouch is rather decent. I just got set up to be a dealer for their tourniquet carriers and snagged a pouch for myself. I still see room for the one I make but one could spend $30-$40 far worse for sure.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The clip moves and allows a cant.

The sneak eater pouch looks like it would work well but even still, an owb pouch seems to be best carry method it seems for both comfort and speeds.
    Have you tried the JM or mastermind?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Have you tried the JM or mastermind?
    I have the JM. The mastermind looks like a kydex version of the russett.

Either work for my body type, I'm just not comfortable enough to wear them constantly.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 02-13-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List