Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gander Mountain to File for Bankruptcy

As a kid I used to rabbit hunt right up to the back door of their small original store in Wimot WI. Small gunshop then. Solid gunsmithing. Still have a snub he tuned for my dad.

RIP

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Just a side note, Beretta moved to Tennesse, not Kentucky.....
    Yep! My little 2016 Inox Bobcat says Gallatin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Apparently, Gander Mountain gave up its "bankruptcy denier" status on Friday. Thirty-two stores to close. Three in the Houston area. The Woodlands mega-store with range will stay open, as of the released closure list.

Going to wait for the REAL clearance sale.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Real clearance sales going on at Academy now. Rem 700 200th Anniversary edition ADLs for $400. Some big-game rifle ammo half price, WWB .38 SPL, .40 and .45 for $23/100.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The above-MSRP pricing always seems like a giant FU. The one near me has a surplus BHP that is heavily pitted with rust in the case for more than a brand new one goes for online, and wants $5499 for a NIB New Haven Model 70 in .270. I figured the only way they stayed in business was by preying on first-time buyers and their ignorance. But dang, I drive right past it twice a day. There could be some epic clearance deals. Maybe they'll get bought by Cabela's or something. The retail stores have to be worth something.
    The mind boggles. That's not what they cost here. Are people dropping not quite six grand on the rifleman's rifle in .270 nowadays?

No. I discussed it with one of the guys once. He said he looked into it in their system. It's clearly an error, but their system appears to be incapable of correcting it.
    Not another dime.

It looks like the entire chain is going down.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

All location closing an liquidating. I imagine the liquidation prices will match Academy's everyday prices.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-07-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Hmmm
    Gander Mountain closing? Not so fast says new owner Marcus Lemonis
    CNBC's "The Profit" Marcus Lemonis, who now owns Gander Mountain, said those reports are untrue and that at least 70 Gander Mountain locations will remain open, including at least two in the Indianapolis area.
    "So Gander Mountain filed bankruptcy as you know, and about 10 days ago I bought all of the assets, all of the intellectual property, all of the trademarks, all of the leases and the Overton's business. Except for the fact that I did not buy, intentionally, the inventory that's in the stores," Lemonis told IndyStar Sunday morning. "A liquidator bought the inventory that's in the stores and they have the right to sell that inventory down and out as if it's going away. But the confusing message is whether a store is staying open or not. And ultimately we control the leases ... every single property. And my intention is to keep at least 70 open."

Last edited by Drang; 05-07-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Aded quote
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    It looks like the entire chain is going down.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

All location closing an liquidating. I imagine the liquidation prices will match Academy's everyday prices.
    I tried yesterday and they wouldn't price match with academy. I can see why they are going out of business, even at "clearance" prices they are still higher than most.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been stopping in the GM that's nearby to keep track of their gun discount. Still only at 15%. There's something I'll probably buy if it's still there at 25%...

Anyway, I've noticed that there seems to just be more and more stuff in the store as time goes on, not less and less. The GM-branded stuff and ammo is thinning out, but there is more clothing inventory added frequently of Columbia, North Face, Kuhl, etc. There's also a lot of random used industrial type stuff, like a 60-gallon air compressor, tire machine, gas cans, other tools you wouldn't expect to be in a GM back room, etc. Some link I read says the inventory was bought by a liquidation company. I suspect they are using the GM bankruptcy and stores to move a whole bunch of stuff that may never have been GM inventory in the first place. Turning them into an outdoor-themed Marhsall's/Ross/TJMaxx model or something.

Not another dime.

User Tag List